The Grim

"Merlin's beard this is horrible" Kirra panted with a loud huff

"Is it too late to change classes?" JJ whined and Maxine wacked the two of them on the back of the head

"Stop whining you two are just wasting your breaths, besides... we have to be almost there now" Maxine finished with an exhausted huff

"You said that about 100 stairs ago" Kirra whined out with a pout

"You're a quidditch player, you should be the fittest out of all of us" Max replied

"Oh yes because sitting on a broom flying around definitely makes me fit" Kirra replied with a roll of her eyes and a grin on her face

They climbed the last few steps and emerged onto a tiny landing, where most of the class was already assembled. There were no doors off this landing; JJ nudged Kirra and pointed at the ceiling, where there was a circular trap door with a brass plaque on it.

'Sybill Trelawney, Divination teacher,' Kirra read.

'How're we supposed to get up there?' JJ asked

"It opens by its-" Kirra started but was cut off. As though in answer to his question, the trap door suddenly opened, and a silvery ladder descended right at the trio's feet. Everyone went quiet.

'After you,' said Maxine, grinning, so Kira climbed the ladder first. She emerged into the strangest-looking classroom she had ever seen. In fact, it didn't look like a classroom at all; more like a cross between someone's attic and an old-fashioned teashop. At least twenty small, circular tables were crammed inside it, all surrounded by chintz armchairs and fat little pouffes.

Everything was lit with a dim, crimson light; the curtains at the windows were all closed, and the many lamps were draped with dark red scarves. It was stiflingly warm, and the fire which was burning under the crowded mantelpiece was giving off a heavy, sickly sort of perfume as it heated a large copper kettle. 

The shelves running around the circular walls were crammed with dusty-looking feathers, stubs of candles, many packs of tattered playing cards, countless silvery crystal balls and a huge array of teacups. JJ and Maxine appeared at Kirrra's shoulder as the class assembled around them, all talking in whispers. 

Kirra made eye contact with Mattheo who was looking at her impatiently, "Hey i'm going over to the guys okay," Kirra muttered to the Hufflepuffs who nodded their heads. She walked over across the room to Riddle, Nott, Rowle, Zabini and Malfoy.

"where were you this morning?" Mattheo asks her in confusion, "I didn't see you at breakfast"

"Oh, I was outside with Hagrid helping him get ready for his first lesson" Kirra replied with a small smile, "he seemed very nervous but I think he was able to calm down slightly" Kirra said with a shrug of her shoulders

"But you missed breakfast" Mattheo whispered out in concern

"You worry too much Theo, I'm fine," Kirra said and gave him a reassuring smile before grabbing onto his hand

'Where is the stupid teacher?' Jasper cut in, annoyance on his face.

"Calm down cousin, no need to get your knickers in a twist" Theodore said with a smirk, earning an eye roll from Jasper

A voice came suddenly out of the shadows, a soft, misty sort of voice. 'Welcome,' it said. 'How nice to see you in the physical world at last.' 

ProfessorTrelawney moved into the firelight, and they saw that she was very thin; her large glasses magnified her eyes to several times their natural size, and she was draped in a gauzy spangled shawl.