Prophecy

When Mattheo Riddle had carried the Hufflepuff girl to the hospital wing with a good 15 people in tow, Madam Pomfrey's eyes had gone as large as footballs, she ushered the crowd away and allowed Theodore Nott, Mattheo Riddle, JJ Maybank... and surprisingly enough (in fact it was surprising at all that the girl had tagged along, a deep amount of fear was in her eyes and she looked like she was about to burst into tears) Max Mayfield. 

They rushed the girl to an empty bed and Mattheo carefully placed her down and Madam Pomfrey immediately tendered to her as the four students explained what had happened at the match, though none of them said anything to each other, the Slytherins were receiving dirty looks from the two Hufflepuffs and they were sending dirty looks right back at them.

Finally, Madam Pomfrey moved away and walked away to give the privacy. They looked down at the girl, all of them had worried expressions on their faces as she laid there, her arm was in a sling and her head was heavily bandaged and her right eye had gone slightly purple and swollen from her head taking the full force of a flying bludger.

 None of the students said anything as they stared down at her, it was an awkward silence, but none of them wanted to move away from the unconscious girl. "You can leave now, we can take it from here" Maxine suddenly spat towards the two Slytherins. The two brunettes scoffed and rolled their eyes simultaneously, they had, had more than enough of the red-haired girl.

"Can you shut up for five minutes, Merlin. Last I checked, you hadn't been talking to her for over a month, so as far as im concerned, if anyone shouldn't be here, that you and your little golden boy, boyfriend" Theodore sneered as he looked at the Hufflepuff's.

"Im not her boyfriend," JJ replied sharply and looked down towards the girl on the bed. Nott and Riddle looked between JJ and the girl and the way that he was looking at her

"You have got to be kidding me," Riddle spat and then let out a dry laugh with absouletly no humour behind it. "You fancy her?" Mattheo didn't know why he was so angry at this. 
"You have been avoiding her too, some way to show a girl that you like her." He then smirked sadistically as he saw the look on Maxine's face as he figured everything out "now I get it. You like Maybank, so you made him not talk to her. And you both stopped talking to her because she was 'hanging out with a bunch of snakes.' And I thought Hufflepuffs were supposed to be loyal and kind" he then clicked his tongue and it was clear he was angry.

"Y-you don't know what you are talking about" Maxine quickly stuttered out and JJ had gone quiet, and the Slytherins noticed how he slightly moved away from Maxine with an angry look on his face. But the truth was, that wasn't why Maxine had done it "It was stupid, she's my best friend and i shouldn't have done it. I just wanted to protect her, she's special. Theres stuff about her that only a few adults and even fewer students know about her. I'm not allowed to tell anyone" Maxine said and her face went back to a cold glare as she looked at Nott and Riddle.

"But shes my best friend and i dont want history to repeat itself, so I need to keep her away from people like you Nott," she then looked directly at Riddle "and especially people like you."

Mattheo raised his eyebrows slightly in shock but he tried to cover it, did the Mayfield girl know who her father was? was that the secret? no. There had to be more to it, she said she didn't want history to repeat itself and that she had to keep her away from Slytherins. So what did the Mayfield girl really mean, what was the secret that so few knew about?

Suddenly the Mayfield girl spoke up again. "I know I won't be able to stop it from happening, its a curse that nobody can do anything about. Now I just need to figure out which one of you it is." Theodore and Mattheo shared a confused look, and they were sure that the girl had gone crazy but then they thought back to the other night when they had met Moaning Myrtle in the toilets.