Realisation

"Kirra?" Harry tapped on his sister and she snapped out of her trance, the more flashbacks she had, the more she remembered from her past lives. She smiled, in her past life, she had been friends with her mother and her father, she knew it was them. 

But then she frowned as she realised, Sirius Black

More and more memories flashed through her head of the time she had spent with the boy, he had seemed to be one of the most important people in her past life, her best friend. And now she was seeing him on the TV, saying that he was a criminal.

The girl remembered more and more every night through her dreams, and by now, she had remembered at least more than half of everything that had happened in her past lives. There were just parts in between that she couldn't remember, things that connected the things she did remember, to make them make sense.

"anywhere you like, 'long it's on land. Can't do nuffink underwater." Stan told the twins "Ere," he said, looking suspicious again, "you did flag us down, dincha? Stuck out your wand 'and, dincha?" 

"Yes," said Harry quickly. "Listen, how much would it be to get to London?" 

"Eleven Sickles each," said Stan, "but for firteen you get 'ot chocolate, and for fifteen you get an 'ot water bottle an' a toofbrush in the color of your choice." Kirrra and Harry rummaged once more in their trunks, extracted their money bags, and shoved some gold into Stan's hand. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is our driver, Ernie Prang. This is Neville and Alice Longbottom, Ern." Ernie Prang, an elderly wizard wearing very thick glasses, nodded to Harry and Kirra, who nervously sat down on their beds. 

"Take'er away, Ern," said Stan, sitting down in the armchair next to Ernie's. There was another tremendous BANG, and the next moment Kirra found herself flat on her bed, thrown backward by the speed of the Knight Bus. Pulling herself up, Kirra stared out of the dark window and saw that they were now bowling along a completely different street. 

Stan was watching Kirra and Harry's stunned faces with great enjoyment. "This is where we was before you flagged us down," he said. "Where are we, Ern? Somewhere in Wales?" 

"Ar," said Ernie. 

"How come the Muggles don't hear the bus?" said Harry. 

"Them!" said Stan contemptuously. "Don' listen properly, do they? Don' look properly either. Never notice nuffink, they don'." 

"Best go wake up Madam Marsh, Stan," said Ern. "We'll be in Abergavenny in a minute." Stan passed the twin's beds and disappeared up a narrow wooden staircase. Kirra was still looking out of the window, feeling increasingly nervous. 

Ernie didn't seem to have mastered the use of a steering wheel. The Knight Bus kept mounting the pavement, but it didn't hit anything; lines of lampposts, mailboxes, and trash cans jumped out of its way as it approached and back into position once it had passed. 

Stan came back downstairs, followed by a faintly green witch wrapped in a travelling cloak. "'Ere you go, Madam Marsh," said Stan happily as Ern stamped on the brake and the beds slid a foot or so toward the front of the bus. Madam Marsh clamped a handkerchief to her mouth and tottered down the steps. 

Stan threw her bag out after her and rammed the doors shut; there was another loud BANG, and they were thundering down a narrow country lane, trees leaping out of the way. Kirra wouldn't have been able to sleep even if she had been travelling on a bus that didn't keep banging loudly and jumping a hundred miles at a time.