Chapter 164

Fred and George sat down in front of the girl, small smiles on their faces as they looked across at her. She raised an eyebrow, looking between the both of them, waiting for at least one of them to say something to her. Like usual, Fred spoke up first, "so how are you feeling about the task?" Fred asked her softly, a worried and sympathetic look on his face, Kirra looked between them and noticed they were sharing the same look.

It was a weird look on the two of them, Kirra wasn't used to it, she was used to seeing their mischievous grins on their faces as they got up to no good. Kirra put on a small smile and nodded her head softly over at the two of them, "Yeah I'm good... uh, I'm feeling uh, excited," she lied to them in hopes of making them feel better, but the two of them could clearly see right through her 

"Come on Kirra, you know you can't lie to us right?" George said and gave her a small smile. The Weasley twins had practically been her first real friends that she still really talked too. JJ had made new friends with some older Hufflepuff boys and mainly hung out with them, and whilst she saw Maxine a bit, she didn't really see her much other than in her dorm. Maxine had become good friends with a group of Ravenclaws in their year, and to say that those Ravenclaws were very opinionated on the Hufflepuff being friends with the infamous Slytheirn group, would be an understatement.

"Well I mean, I felt a lot more confident going into the first task because... I mean I was comfortable around dragons, I know what to do and all that crap... but like this task obviously has something to do with the lake... and I am really, really not good with water," Kirra muttered out to them softly.

The truth was, she felt like complete and total crap, she still hadn't told anyone about what had happened when she drowned in the bath, and she planned to keep it that way, but she was feeling more and more like shit as she thought about it. She felt like she had to tell Mattheo, or even her friends. She was sad... stuff that, she was beyond sad at the moment and she had nobody to talk to about it.

"Yeah I heard about that... you being scared of water and all that," Fred said to her, nodding his head softly, understanding why she wasn't really looking forwards to this task now

"But you don't really need to worry love, I mean, the teachers wouldn't let anything happen to you while you are down there... they will constantly be watching and the tournament is supposed to be really safe now, they've probably made arrangements with the mermaids to leave you unharmed and if anything goes wrong, then they have probably been instructed to bring you up," George explained to her, trying to calm her nerves, though by the look on her face, he could see that he had not succeded 

"I don't know guys... I mean, I just think its so stupid how Harry and I have to do this... we didn't want this, we didn't put our bloody names in that stupid cup," Kirra huffed out in annoyance, slamming her head down onto the table in exhaustion, "someone has fucking set us up and I swear to god, as soon as I find out who it was, I'm going to make them pay for it."

Fred and George shared a look, they knew that something had been bugging the girl, something more than just the tournament, they regretted that they hadn't been spending as much time with her as they used to, because they believed that now she felt like she couldn't rely on them. The twins stood up and then moved around to her side of the table and each sat down next to her just like they used too.

The twins wrapped their arms around the girl and held onto her softly. Kirra turned slightly and buried her head into George's chest and began to cry, soft sobs falling from her mouth as she finally began to let it out. She knew she had to stay quiet, not wanting to draw the attention of Madam Pince as tears poured down her face and onto George's jumper.

"Its alright badger," George muttered out to her, resting his chin on the top of her head as he embraced her carefully as if she were a delicate doll about to break in his hands, "Freddie and I, we know you probably don't want to talk about it, considering you like to keep things in, but we hope that you know that we are always going to be here for you... we're always going to be ready to listen to what you say."