You're Joking

"What do you mean they post them?" I asked with a confused expression as I sat on my bed. It had been a day since the flower dance and Mae was on facetime with me.

"I mean exactly what I just said, they posted a video of the flower dance. Apparently every year they post it onto their facebook community thing."

"No- You're joking. That's so embarrassing-" I groaned before plopping my face into a pillow. "Show me the video, wait no. I don't want to see how dumb I look." My voice was heavily muffled as I groaned into the pillow.

"It has so many views, holy shit- A lot of them are talking about a girl named Haley? Isn't that your blond friend? They are saying something about hearing about the vid from her blog. Ooo wait someone linked to her blog!" Mae went on and on as she messed around on her computer.

"Ohh I see the photos of you in that dress on here, a lot of people are calling you a hottie. As they should." She started to read a few comments aloud to me as I kept my face in the pillow, completely embarrassed.

"This one guy said 'Oh no, it would be so upsetting if a hot farmer in a strawberry dress followed my trail of parsnip seeds' BAHAHAHA these are hilarious" She bursted out in laughter and I just continued to become more and more embarrassed.

"This is the part about the flower dance, ooo let me read it real quick. I'm surprised this small town girl has this many readers." she added before going quiet so she could read it to herself.

I sat up and looked over at my phone to see Mae with the ghostly blue light of her laptop shining on her. "Well while you get to enjoy my suffering, I'm gonna make some dinner I guess." I said and Mae gave me a small nod. I grabbed my phone and propped it up in the kitchen so Mae could still see me.

While she continued reading the blog I began cooking myself food. I decided to make myself some homemade baked mac and cheese. Maybe the yummy food would make me forget about the video. Though, a part of me did want to see it.

A half hour went by of Mae and I just chatting while I cooked. Thankfully she had closed her laptop.

"That video is going to haunt me..." I mumbled as I just imagined how stiff and uncoordinated I must have looked.

"You looked smoking hot so don't even worry." she laughed and I just sighed.

"Ugh I can just smell your cooking from here. I'm so jealous. For dinner I had a cup of rice and some dry ass chicken." Mae whined as I sat down to eat my mac and cheese.

"You even put the little bread thingies on top before baking it?? Ah this isn't fair." she pouted as I showed her my bowl of food. "I'm about to sprint all the way over just to have some of that." She joked.

I continued eating my food happily while Mae drooled over how good it looked. Once I was done I put the dishes in the sink to let them soak. I'd do them later or maybe tomorrow.

"Did I tell you about Sam's band?" I asked before taking a seat on my bed. "Hmm just a bit." Mae responded as she opened her computer once again. "Well basically they are going to perform some time in the summer in that town that bridges Zuzu and Pelican Town. I always forget its name-" I explained and she nodded, "Hmmm maybe I could go, depending if I have that day off or not."

"Yea that's what I was thinking!" I smiled happily, excited by the thought of seeing Mae again.

We talked for a bit longer before she hung up, the next day she had to take an early shift so she needed to get her rest.

Today hadn't been very eventful. I did the usual farm work while Arson watched from on top of a log. Went mining for a few hours after checking if Marnie was home. Of course she wasn't. It seemed like it was more of a challenge to find her in her shop than actually getting the money.