Sandcastle

My dream came to an end as I felt warm rays of sunlight come through the windows and hit my face. It was basically my natural alarm clock.

"That was strange..." I mumbled to myself as I sat up in my bed. My eyes glanced around the room and it was still fairly clean.

I assumed it was around 6am if the rising sun was the reason I'm up. I guess being a farmer means I'll have to wake up early often. What a shame...

The carton of eggs and the pack of sausage patties had been used up already, so I decided to just eat a pack of pop tarts.

While I munched on a poptart, I opened up my closet and scanned the clothes. Today I decided to put on a normal pair of blue jeans and an open shoulder black shirt.

Finishing up my lame attempt at breakfast, I quickly changed and slipped my shoes on. For today I would focus on one of my goals I listed. More specifically, the goal to meet the townsfolk.

Hopefully I wouldn't be as awkward as I had been previously, but that was unlikely. Before I would head into town I would have to take care of my crops. In the box of tools outside my house, I grabbed the watering can and filled it up at the nearby stream. After doing so, I watered the small plot of parsnips.

To my surprise the little seeds had already started to sprout.

I had a new wave of determination. Maybe if my plants are doing well my social interactions will also do well.

And with that final hopeful thought, I made my way out of the farm and onto the dirt path towards Pelican town.

The walk was never a very long one, so I came onto the townsquare in a matter of minutes. It was almost 8am now and many people were still in their homes. Probably enjoying their nice long sleep.

I didn't know what to do while I waited for the town to wake up, but I eventually got the simple idea to explore. After all, I hadn't had much time to do so the past few days.

I was vaguely able to recognize a few buildings I had passed by before as I walked through town square. To my left I passed by the Saloon and took a moment to admire the old structure before moving on. The large town square eventually broke off into a stone path and as I followed it I saw two houses on my right.

On my left was a smaller dirt path and a tree that looked like the perfect place to sit in the shade. I followed the dirt path and I came upon a small cemetery with only 4 tombstones. As a way to show my respects I took a moment of silence. Of course I had never known these people, but it was still the nice thing to do.

The dirt path continued on until I reached a river with a bridge crossing to the other side. To make sure I still had enough time I checked my phone and it was only 8:47am.

From where I stood I could see over the bridge a bit and I saw a sandy beach. Next time I would definitely need to go swimming with my swimsuit. Just the thought of swimming in the cool salty water brought a smile to my face as I made my way over the bridge.

Sand crunched under my feet as I walked through the beach, collecting shells and such on the way. There was a shack on the beach as well as a shack on the pier.

Whoever lived there must really enjoy the ocean I guess. Farther down the beach I saw broken pieces of wood, seemingly a path to the other part of the beach. Perhaps I could fix it later down the line.

I spent probably an hour just enjoying the sound of waves crashing onto shore and collecting pretty shells. To make myself more comfortable I took off my boots and let my bare feet sink into the sand. Taking my seat near the water, but far enough that it only reached my toes.