Healing

"See you guys later!" I waved at my friends as they walked down the cobbled path, away from the house. I leaned against the doorframe as I watched them go, I felt Sam standing right behind me.

"Don't get too crazy tonight just because his moms not home!" Mae hollered, her voice projected because of her hands cupped around her mouth. "Shhh other people live in this neighborhood-" Penny brought a finger up to her lips and Mae's mouth formed an 'o'

I laughed at their antics before stepping back into his house. He closed the door behind me as I walked towards the living room. I got to work folding all of the blankets we used, trying to make the job of cleaning the house easier for his poor mom.

"I'm glad you agreed to stay over." He smiled sweetly before leaning in to give me a kiss on the forehead. My heart melted at the small but romantic gesture.

Who cares what Abby said, I'm happy with Sam. Even if he had to lower his standards...

I still had the lingering sense of guilt in my mind. It felt like a small weight in my heart. Something about what happened didn't seem right. Even though she hated me, why would she say something as horrible as that?

It just didn't make sense. Something else had to be going on.

Though I had no clue what that 'something else' could be.

"Row?" He waved a hand in my face and I blinked slowly. "Oh- sorry. Lost in thought." I replied before setting down the stack of folded blankets.

"Were you thinking about Abby?" The way he said her name with such distaste made me feel even more guilty. I came along and completely wrecked her life. God I felt so bad.

"No- I was thinking about how I'm so lucky to have such a handsome boyfriend." I teased and I saw his cheeks became a faint pink. "Flattery won't get you into my pants." He teased back and I held back a cackle, wouldn't want to wake Vincent.

"Mhm surrre pretty boy." I playfully rolled my eyes before walking past him and down the hall. My hand reached the doorknob to his room door. "Are you actually-" he stared at me dumbstruck and I could barely hold back my laugh. "Sam, face masks. Remember? What were you thinking about?" I quirked an eyebrow at him and his face turned even more red.

"Nothing-!" He replied before quickly following after me. We both walked into his room and I walked over to his desk. There was a small pile of scrunchies and rubber bands. "Here." I held one out to him before putting my own hair up.

"I have those cute headbands. The fluffy ones with the ears." He grinned before walking towards his dresser. He opened one of the drawers and pulled out a pink and white headband. One had bunny ears and the other had cat ears. "Oh yea you're definitely the bunny." I laughed as I took the cat ones.

"What's that supposed to mean-?" He questioned and I simply laughed in response before heading for the door.

Once we were both in the bathroom I looked in the mirror for the first time since- well since you know what.

My mind reeled for a moment and I had to reign the negative thoughts back in. Sam noticed my unease and he angled my face towards him instead.

"Can I give you a kiss?" He asked and I smiled, "Hm sure. Why?" I questioned back and he smirked before leaning in for a quick peck.

"I just thought it'd make you smile." He shrugged before turning to look in the mirror, slipping his headband on.

I took a deep breath before turning to look in the mirror. My cheeks had a faint pink hue. I slid the headband on and made sure it pulled back my bangs and any wispy bits.