Choosing is Difficult

I spent some time in my room, just laying in bed. A hundred thoughts going through my head at once. To try and bring some organization to my life right now, I pulled out my phone and opened the notes app. Here I would write a list of things I wanted to do or accomplish. Big goals and small goals for me to work towards. It was a way to keep me sane.

The first few things that I put in the list were:

-Meet the townspeople (don't be awkward)

-Grow and harvest the Parsnips

-Make friends (please don't be awkward)

With that list made I decided I could start on one of the things tomorrow. Meet the people of Pelican Town. I had already met a few, but there were plenty more people here.

Tonight had been draining emotionally, so I decided to go for a peaceful walk in the 'Cindersnap Forest'. I had noticed it on a map of the Valley online and it seemed peaceful enough.

And with that plan I got off of the bed and slipped my boots on. I was still wearing the overall shorts and shirt from earlier. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail, it was a bit difficult since my hair is such a short length.

Now that I was ready I walked down the farm towards where another entrance to the forest was. It was like my own way into the forest, though I'm sure others use it. It was a bit hard getting past all of the tall grass and rocks, my legs got a few small scratches, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.

Once I had made it to the other side, I saw a big building to my left. It looked like a ranch of some sort. I'll have to check it out later during the day.

I walked to my right and into the forest. The farther in I walked, the denser the trees were. By now it was already dark and the leaves blocked out most of the moonlight. Darkness never really scared me though. The darkness in this unknown forest felt peaceful. Everything was relatively silent, except for the occasional sound of an animal running about. Even the birds had gone silent, sleeping soundly somewhere in their nests.

Being a bird didn't sound too bad. They were practically free to fly wherever they pleased. During my time in the city I wished I could be a bird and just fly away from all of my problems. But that was in the past and I am in the present.

I walked in the darkness for a while until I came upon a lake in the middle of the forest. I sat down at the water's edge and leaned against a nearby tree. This town felt so peaceful.

Well it was peaceful until I saw the bright light of a flashlight coming out of the woods. Distant voices started to get louder and louder as they came closer to the water.

"Guys, wait up!" a voice hissed and before I knew it three figures came out of the woods. The moonlight gave my eyes the ability to adjust and then make out who the figures were.

I recognized a tall Sam with anime styled hair, the shorter emo, and the intimidating woman.

A quiet sigh escaped my lips and I brought my knees up to my chest almost defensively. Maybe they'll just not notice me and will just continue on their way. Sadly, things never worked out that way for me.

Sam had run up to the water's edge, a few feet to my right, and he threw his shoes off and shirt off. I didn't even know what he was doing until he had jumped into the water. Soon, Abigail took her shoes off as well and her clothes to reveal a bikini. She jumped into the water, but their friend Sebastian kept his distance and just took a seat near a tree.

I was hoping none of them would notice me sitting there, but of course Abigail did.

"Oh hey is that the girl from the bar?" she questioned, barely able to make out my sitting figure from her place in the water. Sebastian angled the flashlight towards me from where he sat at a nearby tree.