Jealousy

My legs dangled off the edge of Sam's bed as I laid there, waiting. He was prepping some snacks in the kitchen for when Sebastian and Abigail came over to practice. I had helped him set up all of the instruments earlier and now I was just waiting for them to show up.

I stared up at the ceiling with my arms out at my sides. His bed was pretty comfortable, and bigger than mine.

Eventually he came back with a few bowls of chips and then he walked out. He came back in with a pack of cold soda.

"Any word from them?" I asked and he nodded his head. "Seb said he is almost here and Abigail is with him." He answered before taking a seat next to me.

Sam looked down at me from where I was laying. "Your bed is nicer than mine, kind of jealous to be honest." I frowned as I closed my eyes. "You can always sleep over at my place, it doesn't have to always be yours." He replied with a small laugh.

"Hm true true, I just don't want to be a burden or anything." I opened one eye to look up at him before closing it again. "Pffft, as if. You'll never be a burden to me, don't worry." He lightly patted my thigh with a kind smile.

"I'll keep that under consideration." I responded as I kept my eyes closed.

Both of us were startled when there was a knock on his bedroom window. He walked over and slid the blinds open to reveal Sebastian's tired face behind the glass with Abigail right behind him.

"Do they always come in through the window?" I asked with a small laugh as I peeked over. "Mostly..." Sam sighed as if this were routine and he slid the window open. "Come on in guys..."

Sebastian stepped in through the large window and Abigail came in right after him. "Yo." Sebastian greeted me and I sat up on the bed. "Hey, haven't seen you in a while." I replied with a wave.

Abigail seemed pissed that I even spoke to him and I simply rolled my eyes. Currently I was too tired to deal with her jealous attitude.

"Why is she here?" Abigail asked with a snarky tone. "I invited her." Sam responded as he glared at her for being rude. He turned to me and the glare immediately dropped as he smiled. I gave him a tired smile in return and I noticed Sebastian smirk from the corner of my eye.

"Anyways-" Sebastian spoke up to change the subject, "We should probably get started. Our performance is in a few days." The three of them walked over to their designated instruments.

"Only a few days-?" I asked and Sam nodded, "Yea we perform on Wednesday." He answered. "Are you joking- Sam why would you come over when your performance is so close!" I scolded him and he simply laughed nervously. "You know why..." He whispered quietly to me before walking back over to them. My face turned a soft pink as I recalled his words in the forest. He wanted to spend time with me instead of practicing for something this important. I sighed at his dumb reasoning, even though it did make me feel a bit special.

I glared at him but he just smiled back at me.

Sebastian gave me a knowing look and my blush deepened. 'Crap did I make it that obvious?'

He smirked at my reaction before turning to his instrument. "Alright, One! Two! One two three!" Abigail shouted, counting down when they would start as she hit her drum sticks together.

After her countdown they began playing in unison. Sam on the guitar, Seb on the keyboard and Abigail on the drums. All they would need now was a vocalist. Although they did still sound amazing without one. Plus who could they find that could sing.

As they practiced a few songs I sat on the floor by his bed munching on snacks and taking an occasional sip of my soda. Definitely not the healthiest thing to eat, but it tasted good. I had sat on the floor in order to not get crumbs or spill anything on his bed.