Sick

The rising sun shined through the window as I laid on my bed. It wasn't long until I received a text back from Sam.

"Of course not. Sorry you had a bad dream. Need anything?" His text brought relief over me and I realized how dumb I was being. Getting all worked up over a dream. I sighed and typed a quick response, "No, I'm good. Just feel a bit icky rn. Nothing I can't handle. Thanks."

And with that I tossed the phone to the side and got up. My legs wobbled a bit and my hands were still shaking. "Ugh..." I groaned as I stumbled my way over to the fridge. I looked for a quick easy meal but everything looked unappetizing.

For some reason I still felt cold, so I decided to take another hot shower. It helped for a bit, but eventually I felt cold again.

"Crap, am I getting sick or something?" I mumbled before feeling my forehead. Even though the rest of my body felt freezing, my forehead was burning. "Well okay then..." I sighed before plopping on my bed again. I was trying to think about how I would do my farmwork in this state.

Last night I felt fine but then boom, I'm sick.

Procrastinating doing anything remotely productive I decided to scroll through a few different social media. After mindlessly scrolling I realized how much time had gone by. "Shit-" I got up too quickly and my head pounded. "This is just great..." I groaned before heading to the door. I pulled my shoes on and made my way out.

It was hot out due to summer quickly approaching. I stepped out in just my pajamas and got to work. First I fed and checked on the chicks since it was the easiest thing to do. Then I made my way over to the large patch of crops I had. I mumbled a few curses to myself before getting to work. I harvested what had grown and started to water some of them. Since tomorrow was the end of the season I would have to buy new seeds from Pierre soon.

After watering a small fraction of the crops I needed to take a seat. I sat on the steps of the cabin's porch and tried to catch my breath. Moving around this much severely hurt my head and gave me the urge to puke, but I had to push through and deal with it. Being a farmer was tough, but I chose this. Plus after working for Joja I learned how to get used to working while sick since they were strict on sick days.

After a few minutes into the break I decided to get back to it. I stood up slowly and made my way over to where I had left off. My energy felt so drained even though I was only watering some crops.

"Row!" A familiar voice brought me out of my thoughts and I turned to see Sam. "Sam? What are you doing here?" I questioned. "Well you said you didn't feel good so I came to see if I could help out with anything!" He grinned happily before walking closer. "Wait, stay back- I don't want to get you sick too." I held my arms out to keep him a certain distance away. While my arms were extended he grabbed the watering bucket from me.

"Wh- Sam I need that." I sighed before reaching to grab it back. Like many other situations similar to this he simply held it above his head and out of my reach. I glared at him and crossed my arms. "Haha, very funny. Can I get back to work now? The longer I'm out here in the sun the worse I feel." I held my hand out expectantly but he simply shook his head.

"Take a seat on the steps."

"What? Why?"

"Because I'm going to finish watering the crops for you." He grinned his usual happy grin and I just looked at him with a baffled expression. "No, Sam it's fine really. I can manage the rest." I explained but he shook his head like a stubborn little boy. "No way short stuff. You're sick so you should be resting. I can handle this, it's okay I swear." He persisted and I groaned, "Accepting help from others makes me feel bad, you don't have to do this Sam." I frowned but he stood his ground.