For Her

"You did what?!" I bursted out laughing as he continued telling his story.

"Yea and then after that I tried giving it back, but my mom spilled bleach on it!" Sam's warm laughter filled the room.

"Sam I can't believe you would take that from her in the first place- I get scared or her resting face so I can't imagine how mad she got after that, jeez." I sighed with a small laugh at the stupidity of Sam's old actions.

"Wanna know the best part?" Sam grinned mischievously and I knew the story would only get worse. I nodded and he continued, "Seb didn't even know she had it!" We both held back more laughter.

All of a sudden his phone alarm began going off and he got up from the bed to make his way over to the stove. His story on how he stole the hoodie from Abigail was funny enough, but knowing Seb didn't even realize she had taken it from him in the first place was hilarious.

Sam went back over to the pot and began stirring everything. "Okay, it should be just about done."

"I still can't believe you went through all this trouble for me..." I sighed as I got up from my seat and made my way over to the table. Sam only smiled at my comment before pouring two bowls for us. He brought them over and placed a spoon down for me.

"Is there something I can do to repay you? I just feel really bad and all." I added as I waited for the soup to cool off. "Hmm, repay me... Sure! I have an idea how." He grinned happily as a light bulb went off in his head. "Of course, anything." I was immediately intrigued on how I can be helpful to him.

"Get better." He responded flatly with a smile that said 'haha got you'.

"I- Are you joking? Seriously I'd be down to help you with-"

"Row, it's fine. Trust me. The only thing I care about right now is you." He gave me a sincere smile and I smiled back until I fully realized what he said. My cheeks warmed up at his innocent comment, for some reason it made my heart race.

"Oh I'm sorry- I didn't mean to sound weird or anything. Did I make you uncomfortable?" He apologized kindly and I just shook my head. "No, no- You're fine." I laughed it off awkwardly before eating a spoonful of soup.

And of course it was delicious.

Sam and I talked here and there while we ate, the day's events were slowly making me more and more tired.

"Are you done?" He asked as he got ready to take my bowl. "Oh- yes, and again thank you. It was really good." I patted my belly and gave him a thumbs up, causing him to laugh.

Sam got up and began cleaning the dishes from the meal. I felt bad that he was doing that and I got ready to protest, but I knew he wouldn't back down.

As he cleaned up I walked over to the tv and put on a random movie before sitting on my bed. I checked my phone and texted with Mae for a bit, apparently she met this really rich guy at a bar. So now she's trying to get free stuff. I laughed at her of course, but then I told her to 'get your bag'.

"Alright, I'm done. Need anything else? You have medicine, water, leftover soup." He listed off a few things as he looked across the room at me.

"I think I'll be fine, thank you." I responded. A part of me kept nagging to ask him for something. "I hope I didn't get you sick, but if I did then I can be the one to take care of you." I gave him a grin and thumbs up.

"Hm I guess I'll hold you to that." He laughed before slipping his shoes on. "Well I suppose now is my time to go..." He looked down at his shoes as he struggled to say something. Eventually it seemed like he gave up as he reached to open the door.

"Sam?"

"Yea?"

"Could you maybe... stay a bit longer?" that short question took her so long to say aloud and immediately after she felt embarrassed.

Without even saying anything Sam pulled his shoes off and walked over to the bed. I scooted over towards the wall to make more room for him. Taking a deep breath I moved myself to be leaning against him. Both of our bodies were stiff and I was close enough to hear his heart beating. 'Crap why did I do this!' I had no clue what had come over me.

Sam's body slowly loosened up and he put his arm over my shoulders. My mind flashed back to the last time he had done that, but this time I didn't want to run.

We were both dead silent, neither of us brave enough to speak first. Soon my body became less tense and I turned towards him. I leaned my head against his chest and draped my arm over his body.

Both of our hearts were pounding so fast, they felt as if they were going to burst out. But in a good way.

Something about being that close to him made me feel so safe. It made me fall asleep very quickly.

[Sam's POV]

Her breathing softened and I leaned a bit to see she had fallen asleep. 'That quick?' I thought with a small smile.

Slowly and carefully I moved both of us so we were both lying down. I moved a pillow to make sure her neck was supported if she were to stop laying on my chest. My heart had calmed down a bit but the warm feeling throughout my body persisted.

Of course I didn't want to assume anything, but this kind of felt like she was making a move. Even thinking about the possibility of her liking me made my face go red. What if she really did like me back? Well maybe the word 'like' is too mild for my feelings for her. All I know is that this woman, Rose, makes me feel... She makes me feel really happy.

Really, really happy.

For her, I felt like I could do anything. 

(Authors Note: Sorry this ones a bit shorter than usual! just thought you guys deserved a bit of fluff <3)