Things Are Changing

[Rose's POV]

I woke up to a familiar scent engulfing me. Slowly my eyes opened and I saw that my pillow was moving up and down. After waking myself up a bit more I realized that it wasn't my pillow, it was Sam's chest. Immediately my face heated up as I remembered the previous day's events.

My arm was draped over him, hugging him closer. My heart began racing once again as I realized how big of an idiot I was. I felt like I had pressured him into laying with me, but then I remembered how his heart was racing earlier. Maybe he actually wanted to lay with me? My thoughts were so conflicted, trying to think whether or not he liked me.

'Why would he like me back? I'm not special or anything- '

As I began thinking negatively about myself I remembered the way he smiled when we were together. The way his eyes looked at me. I began seeing everything in a new light... Maybe he really did like me?

While my thoughts continued to rampage in my head I felt Sam moving.

'Oh shit-'

Immediately I tried to think of a way out of this situation, trying to save myself from possible embarrassment and rejection. After all, he could have just been trying to be nice to the sick girl.

I felt his hand on my back beginning to move, sort of rubbing my back gently.

After taking a deep breath I turned my head to look up at him. Sam's tired eyes looked down at me half closed. "Hey." I stated blankly with bright red cheeks.

"Hey." He smiled back, clearly not comprehending the situation fully yet, due to him being half asleep. Sam pulled the both of us up into a sitting position on the bed's headboard. He blinked a few times as he looked around the room. After a few moments his cheeks turned pink.

I laughed quietly at his reaction, it was the same as mine. He looked down at me with a baffled expression.

"Well- what happens now?" I asked nervously, preparing myself for rejection. "Breakfast?" He answered with a laugh, knowing that's not what I meant. I glared at him and he ran his fingers through his messy hair. "Hm, I guess I admit to liking you?" His confidence was obviously faked, but it made me feel less nervous myself.

Hearing those words come from him made my stomach feel odd, now I know that I was feeling butterflies.

"You- You," I point at him, "like me?" Then I pointed at myself. He simply smirked before grabbing my hand. Sam brought my hand up to his face and kissed my knuckles softly.

My heart felt like it was running a marathon as I took a moment to take it all in. "I- I don't know what to say." I stared up at him with my mouth gaping. "Well hopefully you say you like me as well?" He laughed nervously.

Pushing away all of my anxiety and the urge to run, I hugged him. "I do." Never in my life had I ever admitted that to a man, it felt both exhilarating and terrifying.

"Okay well, that's a relief." Sam laughed and hugged me back, tightly.

For a while we sat like that, neither of us wanting to let go first. Eventually I pulled away so I could look at him. "Aw crap, you're probably going to get sick because of me..." I sighed as I scooted myself back a bit. "I'm fine with that as long as you lay down with me as well." He smirked cockily and I glared. "Ugh alright, fine." I agreed before moving to get up from the bed.

Before I could, Sam pulled me back down by the waist. Of course I blushed at the action, but I laughed it off. "Your head still feels warm." he commented after removing his hand from my forehead. "Alright alright..." I sighed and he let go of my waist.