14: Ha, Best Friends For Life!

"Fucking hell Cameron can you stop singing Montero for Chrissake!" Blake shook me as I yelled out the lyrics to Call Me By Your Name.

"I want that jet lag from fuc-"

She hit me with my pillow and I fell back to the bed. I took my other pillow and whacked her with it, initiating a pillow fight. She then got on top of me halfway, and began to hit me, but I couldn't contain my smile. She was on top of me.

Holy shit Blake was on top of me.

Blake must've realized it later, and got off immediately as I sat up. I scratched my head and crossed my legs into a cross legged position as Blake looked away. She cleared her throat, and chuckled.

"That was fun!" She punched my shoulder slightly. "I had fun."

"Yeah, um, that was really fun." I laughed nervously, rubbing my arm. "So you ever thought about joining the club? We'd love to have new members." I changed the topic swiftly.

"It's still a thing?" I nodded, confused at her statement. She then smiled a little. "Well, people thought it disbanded after what happened on Wednesday, like, who does that? That's some work!"

"The person, or people, behind those letters are stupid and are just a bunch of pussies." I cussed, laying on the bed. "Like, come say it to my face. Talk to me direct, don't go through the corners."

"You're scary, I understand the person." I sat up at that statement and she immediately backtracked it. "I mean, you're intimidating, and you often get defensive when it comes to shit that you care about."

"What? I do not!" I put a hand to my chest. "You're rude."

"You tied yourself to the apple tree post last year because people kept taking apples even after you asked them not to." She pointed out as I smiled sheepishly. "You also defended Emily by wearing an eskimo shirt because she was called a pesky little slut that hides her body from the world because of shame."

"That was just a moral act, not a defensive act." I crossed my arms.

"You and Roseanne once ganged up on Devin because he called the pride community half asses."

"I'm proud of that." I grinned. "Doesn't change the fact that this person doesn't want to talk things out for whatever reason."

"I mean, you can be a little difficult to approach, so this person may have chosen a different route."

"Confronting me is the best option, Blake. I won't kill you for stating your opinion."

"But they don't know that." She shrugged.

"And if I may ask why you're defending this racist homophobic bitch?" I enquired.

"I'm not defending them, Cam, I'm just looking at both sides of the spectrum." Blake said softly. "I mean, I'm your laid back best friend, the one who helps you see both sides, right?"

"Yeah, best friend." I sigh. "I wish Jameela was still here, she'd have better advice."

"Your sister is just as wild as you, I for one am glad she's in college now." Blake murmured. "She never liked me."

"I wonder why." I said, rolling my eyes. "Fuck, can this world just take me now? I hate being in a position where I have to defend myself every single day."

"Then be straight."

I looked at her dumbfounded. "Bro, what?"

"I mean, since people don't like you because you're a homosexual, then just be straight. It'll stop the bullying straight away."

I again stared at her in disbelief, she wasn't serious, was she? For someone that I really liked and wanted to date, she sure was acting like a newborn baby who came into this world spoon-fed and put on a pedestal- oh wait, I might be recounting the way she was born! Just kidding(I think).

The thing with Blake is she can be so insensitive sometimes. Like she doesn't look at your side properly and doesn't analyze a situation, she goes ahead and does what she thinks is best. It was annoying, but it's one of the reasons I developed feelings for her. Although not dominant, I can definitely say it makes her a little more attractive, and makes her the Regina George to my Cady Heron.

"Okay Blake, I will!" I said sarcastically, touching my face. "And while I'm at it, I can go get white paint and change my skin color! Not cool, Blake."

She frowned. "Okay, that was a bit insensitive but...why don't you just stop the club? You already get bullied enough."

"Have a little faith in me, will ya?" I sighed, pushing her slightly. "I wish you were like Alexis, someone who dislikes in secret."

That part seemed not to sit well with Blake. "Cameron, you've only known Alexis for 3 weeks."

"Damn, it's been 3 weeks? I feel like I've known her forever." I yawned. "I'm sleepy, get out of my house."

"I'm staying the night, remember? We have a duet tomorrow."

I definitely didn't remember that part. Blake's dad was preaching the next day and the fact that he got Blake and I to do a Christian duet is insane. What's worse is how Blake agreed to it.

Maybe it was for the best. Spending time with Blake lately has been an extreme sport because of her activities in the afternoon at school and her studying, but this may bring us closer. I missed my best friend, and sometimes I feel like we might drift away if we don't spend time together.

"So... we're singing Montero, right?" I gave her a huge grin to dilute her frown. "Come on, it's top tier! We could even dress up, you can be an angel while I can be a de-"

"Have you memorized the lyrics to 21 years by TobyMac?" She interrupted, getting her bag and searching for her laptop. "I think this song is great because-"

"I like it cause it's Toby, that's the only reason." I shrugged, cutting her off completely as I opened her laptop. "I did, I'll hit the sad notes for the second verse."

"Cool, what are we wearing again?" She asked, before clicking her fingers."Oh! Don't answer that, I brought a sky blue dress, so you can wear a navy blue dress-"

"Jeans." I corrected her, and saw her frown again. "Okay, I'll wear a navy skirt if it will make you happy."

She beamed like a fifth grader that just got their favorite Ben 10 toy. "You're the best, Cameron!" She then hugged me, and I hugged her back, inhaling her chocolate scent.

"What are friends for, Blake?" I kissed her blonde hair. "What are friends for?"

She pulled away and gave me a huge grin. "So...you and Alexis seem to be hitting it off."

I brushed that off, her heat still radiating on my skin. "Don't think too much of it, we're only friends because of my dad."

"Seems to me like you two get along well." Blake muttered. "Is she...you know...gay?"

I didn't answer the question, instead changed the topic. "You need to join the club, Roseanne is in it."

"Shit, we might have another Rose versus Cameron simmering already." She wriggled her eyebrows. "Have you guys fought yet?"

"No, and I hope not."

Deep down I wondered what it would be like if Rose and I were still friends; would she be a part of Blake and I's little group? Would she boot Blake out? Would she get used to Alexis?

Sometimes I question what ever happened to the friends I had before I came out. I question what happened to myself after I came out. I questioned how it affected people, and I asked myself all these questions knowing that I'll never get an answer.

As I watch Blake type away on her laptop, I can only wonder; would Blake and I even be friends if it weren't for me coming out?

"Cam? Come on, let's focus!" She snapped her fingers twice.

"Alright, focus." I repeated. "Focus."

But I wasn't sure if I was saying this to her...or to myself.