48: Prom Problems?

"I can't believe we're done with highschool." Alexis said, her diploma in hand as she waved it in my face. "Italy here I come."

It had been about 6 weeks till we had our exams, written them, sent out applications and even graduated. Roseanne had informed me about prom and who was planning it(Julia), and she told me what the whole theme was. Inspired by my painting, the theme was heaven versus hell.

Perfect if you ask me.

Alexis and I walked over to her car hand in hand. "Damn, we're really going everywhere with these diplomas aren't we?"

"You suggested it." She pointed out, poking my side.

"You're right, I fucking did." I kissed her lips slowly, pressing her against the side of her car.

My tongue entered her mouth and she moaned, pushing me away. "We're in the middle of the street, Cameron." She said shyly.

"Oh no!" I gasped. "I almost have a fuck."

I kissed her again, and this time she pushed me away completely, opening the car door and entering it. I pressed my face against the glass with a pout, and she stuck her tongue out at me, switching the engine on. I got off and went to the passenger side, getting in and watching the road.

"So, what do you plan on wearing for prom?" She asked, and I hesitated. "That's a dumb question, isn't it? We all know you're going as Lucifer."

"That's if I'm going at all." I muttered.

"Cameron." She stopped at a red light, looking at me with a frown on her face. "You're going to have to go, you do know that, right?"

"I don't know, Alexis." I shrugged. "What's the point of it anyway? I have much better plans."

"Like?"

"Actually applying to different colleges in France or Spain." She looked at me immediately and I pointed at the road. "Eyes on the road!"

"Cameron, you want to go to France?" She asked.

"Or Spain, but that's not the point. What's the problem here?" I noticed her grimace at the road before it clicked. "Oh, about that..."

"And what about us? How are we gonna handle things?" She let the question run loose, and I took a moment to think.

"I mean, Alexis, when did we divert from prom to this? We were talking about the theme..." I lied, and she didn't buy my bullshit.

She turned into her driveway and parked the car. "Did you ever think about how this whole thing would affect us?"

"What, babe?" I groaned, leaning in to kiss her.

She moved away. "Don't think you kissing me is going to fix anything."

"It should." I urged, and she unbuckled her seatbelt, ready to leave. "Okay, okay, babe. We can make it work, you know that right?"

"Make what work?"

"A long distance relationship." I answered, putting my hand on her shoulder. "It can't be that hard, right?"

"You're funny."

"Seriously, babe, we both want to go to different places for university, why don't we just meet in the middle?" I suggested. "We go to uni, and then we figure out what's next."

"But it's obvious you don't want to go to my university, do you?" She scoffed. "Be logical."

"Long distance works, babe. Why are you so afraid of one?" I asked her, watching her look away from me. "Baby, look at me."

I put a hand on her cheek, my eyes meeting hers. "Why don't you want to try long distance? Is something wrong?"

"Cameron, think about this." She held my hand. "We do long-distance, and then things don't work out, what happens?"

"Then it's probably for the best, babe."

"Your ignorance is so suffocating sometimes." She muttered. "You live in a different country from me, you meet some guy or girl or non-binary person and then out hit it off, then you cheat on me, and then you dump-"

"Lexi, do you have trust issues?" She stayed silent and I cocked my head. "And you do realize how fucking stupid I am, right? I mean I didn't even know that the bitch I called friends for years was playing the grinch the entire time, what makes you think I'll notice a guy liking me? And what makes you think I'll stop being queer because some guy says he likes me?"

"You're attractive." She mumbled.

"I want you, Alexis." I put both hands on her face. "I may have not been that reassuring when we started discussing this, but I promise you, I want to make it work." I smiled, caressing her cheek. "I've heard your concern, and I want you to trust me on this. We got this baby. You and I," I pulled her closer to me. "We're gonna make it work."

She smiled back, and pressed her lips against mine. She kissed me slightly, and my hands left her face and travelled down her body.

She pulled away. "But can we agree on something?"

"Anything, baby." I hummed.

"You're coming to prom?" I let go of her immediately and relaxed in my seat again. "Please, Cam, it could be the best night of your life you know."

"Keyword on 'could' Alexis." I sighed. "We can just go out for the evening. Have a great night, eat some pizza, and go bowling. Come on..."

"Cameron, take the chance." She urged. "This is going to be one of the last times you'll ever see some people, make it memorable."

"Alexis."

"Cameron." She whined. "Please, I need a date, and my girlfriend is my best bet."

"Go solo, girl power am I right?" I joked, then broke out into song. "Man I feel like cleopatra, Joan of Arc, queen of Hearts-"

"That's not going to make things better." I closed my eyes as she continued. "We can dance, go out, make the whole camis thing a real thing, Cameron. Everyone's gonna go nuts seeing you dressed as Lucifer and I as Eve."

I opened my eyes. "Eve?"

"Come on, we all know that bitch barely made it to heaven." I chuckled at her statement. "But on a more serious note, we can go and have a bit of fun, we don't even have to stay for that long."

"I'll think about it, babe."

"I mean, who wouldn't want to go to prom that has a concept inspired by you? Demons and Angels? Perfect for you." She kissed my cheek. "Please babe, make my dream come true."

I looked at her longingly, and opened the door. "Bye, Alexis."

She frowned as I closed the car door, walking away from her driveway and away from the situation. She honked the car, and I looked back, before shaking my head and entering the house.

Besides, surprising her is the best way to go, especially if she thinks I wouldn't go with her.