46: Fake It Till You Make It, I guess

As soon as we closed for the second semester break, my parents made it their top priority to spend time with me. We would go camping, have movie nights, and even have a karaoke night too. I phoned Jameela to let her know about the recent inputs our parents made, and she promised to phone them and let them know that she's queer.

Over the course of the break, I was contemplating going to see someone one last time. My parents told me to go for it if I was really sure, and Alex told me to be careful. I took heed to all the warnings, but decided to go anyways.

On the last Sunday of our holiday, I walked all the way to her house, listening to music. The wind blew softly as I took notice of the familiar surroundings, remembering everything. I remembered the times I'd go down this street with her, hand in hand, talking about something stupid or even teasing each other. I missed those moments.

But things will never be the same.

The sun peered over me as I stopped by her house, standing on the path. I took a deep breath and reached her door, knocking 3 times. I whistled whilst waiting, and when the door opened, she appeared.

There was a bandage on her nose and her pink hair had faded to a shade of peach. She didn't look too impressed with me, and I shrugged. With her leaving Willowvale to go to who knows where I couldn't miss the chance to try and understand the truth.

"Why are you here?" She scoffed, folding her arms. "Here for a fight or something?"

"No, I'm not." I shook my head, reaching into my backpack and taking out a chocolate bar. "I came to talk to you." I handed it to her.

Blake looked at the bar, then back at me. "Strawberry filling, my favorite." She murmured.

"I know, I mean how could I not?" I chuckled softly. "We've been friends for a really long time, Blake."

"Were friends, Cameron." She corrected. "I don't know if I should let you in. My parents said if I ever see you again then it'll be in hell burning with you."

"Well, I figured you never really cared about what they thought so why not?" I asked her. "I won't be long."

She broke out into a little smile. "I never really cared about them anyways. Plus, they aren't home, they're at Auntie Sindy having lunch." She opened the door wider. "Get in."

I entered the house cautiously and looked around; the living room was full of moving boxes, papers, and clothes. There was a box of cookies on the sofa too. Blake sat far away from me, and I sat opposite her, adjusting my jacket a bit as the silence of the room spoke for us. Everything I was ready to say evaporated as she looked at me, her eyes soulless as ever.

She tossed the box at me. "Here, just in case you're hungry."

I looked at the box and nodded. "Thanks."

"Cameron," She began. "Why are you here?"

"Blake, one way or another we had to talk about this." I closed my eyes briefly, before opening them again. "About everything. It was so confusing."

"What was?"

"Absolutely everything." I admitted. "You left me confused, Blake. I was perplexed, betrayed and most importantly shocked. Like, I had so many questions in my mind, so many questions, Blake, but very little answers. So I came to get the answers I need like a civil human."

She smirked. "Did your girlfriend send you over here?"

Of course she knew I was dating Alexis.

"No, I came out of my own free will." I answered, taking a cookie out. "You're leaving soon, and I wouldn't want you to leave while hating me."

"Say the truth Cameron." She said in monotone.