32: Rule 10-make a conclusion based on your emotions/intellect

"I told you bitch!" Roseanne jumped up and start hitting me on my shoulder while I laughed hard.

"Okay, okay, you were right." I admitted, and she stopped her attack on me. "Whatever."

"Whatever? Whatever?? This is huge, Cameron!" She stared at me dumbfounded while I just shrugged. "OMG, Camis is finally happening!"

"It's not happening, dude." I muttered. "All I said is I think I like her, not I think I want to date or even worse, marry her."

"But you like her, don't you?" I nodded slowly, watching her tilt her head. "Think of all the possibilities, Cameron, like how you 2 could be the new Romeo and Juliet-"

"May I remind you how that story ended?" I muttered. "And if we were them, I'd rather be called Rosalie and she can be Juliet."

"Stop changing the subject! I'm trying to hype you up woman." She rolled her eyes. "So, what's the next move?"

"Oh, that? Simple, Rose!" I smiled. "I crawl into a hole and die with this crush because no way am I telling her shit."

"Pussy." She scoffed. "Why don't you want to tell her?"

"Because of this saying; crushes are bound to be crushed, Roseanne." I pointed out. "I'm not going to risk my friendship again."

"Again?"

"I forgot to tell you didn't I?" I scratched the back of my head as she closed her textbook and gave me her full attention. "I told Blake that I liked her-"

"Okay, it's confirmed now, you're an idiot." Rose took her textbook and hit me with it. "I hope this beating with AP psychology will beat the intelligence into you because you're frustrating me goddamnit!"

"Harassment!" I cried while laughing, and she stopped. "I'm surprised at how you're getting away with this."

"Look around this classroom, we're just 10." She said. "Not a lot of people like coming here to study, that's why I'm always in here."

"Smart strategy, dumb person." I quipped, and quickly put my hands up in surrender when she raised the textbook threateningly. "You know I'm tripping, Rose."

"Tell her how you feel." She dragged the conversation to that topic. "It'll do you some good."

"Like it did with Blake? I think I'll be fine dying with my feelings." I shrugged.

"Alexis isn't Blake, she's Alexis. And in my opinion," Her voice lowered to a whisper. "She's way better than Blake in many ways."

"Hey, Blake's my best friend, Rose." I frowned. "Have some respect."

"She's a much more shittier friend than I ever was." Rose muttered. "How do you tolerate that bitch? How does Terry tolerate that bitch? Fuck, how does-"

"Why'd you mention Terry?" I asked her, and watched her momentarily freeze.

"What, I did not." She chuckled nervously. "I swear on my life I didn't mention him-"

"Terry in the house!" Terrance's grand entrance made my suspicions rise a little more when he stood behind Roseanne's chair. "CJ!"

"Terry." I greeted. "Rose?"

My mouth fell open when Terrance wrapped his arms around Rose's neck and leaned down. "Did you tell her yet?"

Rose looked back at me, and bit her lip. "Um, Cameron..."

"You're together?"

"Listen girl, it's-"

"We are, and we wanted to tell you today, but apparently Rose was getting a little too hesitant." He kissed her cheek and swayed her a bit. "Cameron?"

I continued staring at them, and Rose frowned. I stood up and looked Terrance up and down.

"So much for being a loyal best friend." I spat, pushing the books Rose put in front of me back on her side, storming out the room.

I continued walking until I heard Terry's voice. I stopped momentarily and rose my hand up to slap him, but he caught it and shook his head.

"Doesn't work with me, CJ." He shrugged. "Please, hear me out."

"Why her?" I asked.

"Cameron, she's changed. I promise you this." Terry pleaded with me. "You were hanging out with her just now, I know you see it too."

"Terrance-"

"Please, trust me. I've never let you down before, Cameron." I searched his eyes for any sign of fibbing. "Cameron, just trust me."

"Is she good for you anyway?" I frowned, and then hid a smile when he began beaming. "Is she?"

"I've always liked Rose, I just didn't act on it because you and her weren't on good terms. But I thought that since you 2 are on the path to recovery..."

"Terry, I never said I'd be best friends with her again." I muttered. "She was never there for me, her 'best friend', what if she does the same to you? What if she leaves you for dirt?" I asked.

Terrance didn't even hesitate. "I'll risk it all."

"Terrance, are you sure-"

"I'll risk it all, I swear." Terry repeated. "We have to take the risk sometimes."

Those last words really hit me; have to take the risk. I knew he wasn't saying it for my sake, but it made me think a bit harder about my feelings and how-

"Cameron! There you are!" Blake's chirpy voice disrupted my train of thought.

She ran up to me and hugged me tight. I stared at Terry who looked perplexed, and mouthed 'white people and hugging' and I struggled to keep my laughter in. When she let go of me, she grinned at me.

"I know I haven't been the best friend but, I have to do this." She started. "I'm ready to join the club!"

She squealed and jumped up a bit before giving me her proposed list of rules. I read them, and then frowned.

"How did you know we were making a list of rules? We didn't tell you." I uttered.

"A little birdie told me! Anyways, can I join?" She asked."I swear I'll be the best addition to your club, I'll contribute, even become vice president, and be the best friend you've never had-"

"Actually, Blake, she's got a vice president." Terrance interrupted. "And it's Roseanne."

The way Roseanne's name ran off his tongue made me feel a bit nauseous, but hey, if he's happy then I'm happy.

"Oh." She frowned. "We can always discuss this tomorrow, right? The club meeting?"

"Sure..." I uttered, and she gave me another hug before scurrying off.

Terrance stared at me blankly. "You better make up your fucking mind." He scoffed, and walked away.

"But I-" I didn't even get to finish as he walked even further, leaving me a confused ball of nerves.