33: I Don't Heart(Hate, I mean)You

"So, we have a new member." I bit my lip and opened the door to Blake. "She wants to join the club."

Silence.

Blake walked in and threw her coat at Rose, who spat on it and threw it down. Blake gasped, and Rose took it a step further to even wipe the spit on the floor.

"Animal." She scoffed. "That was my brand new coat!"

"Maybe next time you'll learn not to disrespect others and throw your shit onto them." She shot back. "Here, your highness, your coat." She mocked, picking the coat up and throwing it at Blake, who screamed. "Fucking bitch."

"Guys, please don't argue, we have a new agenda." I muttered. "So today, Mr Dale wanted me to talk to you about unity."

"Probably not the best example we were given just now." Darren pointed out. "Those 2 hate the fuck out of each other."

"Which is odd, considering how much you're alike." Emily shrugged.

"Shut your dirty trap, Emily." She scoffed. "I swear, if it weren't for Cameron holding me back-"

"For who?" I looked at her, flabbergasted. "I'm not doing shit."

"So I can fight her?"

Alexis stepped in to save the day. "Can we just get on with the meeting? I did not sign up for this club, actually I didn't even sign up for this club, thanks Cameron." I looked away, hugging the clipboard to my chest. "As I was saying, I'm not here for y'all to argue like little bitches, I'm here for the club."

"And for Cameron." Felix murmured, and I took the pen out of my pocket and threw it at him. "What the fuck Cameron?!"

"Next time, it'll be the chair." I threatened. "Anyways, we're talking about unity. And what better way than to get my best friend up here and talk about our friendship?"

"With all due respect, Cameron, it wouldn't be advised to get with Blake." Rose stood up from her seat and walked towards me. "As far as I'm concerned, your friendship is really weird, and you're not the one to associate with weird people."

"On the contrary, Roseanne." Blake sounded her name out real slow. "I'm not the one who doesn't have friends because of trust. But then again, I have friends because I'm likable, right, Cameron?"

"Uh..."

"See? Even she disagrees with you!" Rose laughed. "Your perfect act is starting to crumble."

"Rose..."

"Don't, Cameron. I'd like to know why she decided to join the club now if she's so loyal?" She stepped in front of Blake and I looked on helplessly. "Wouldn't you be the first member if you were her best friend?"

"Since we're asking questions, I'd like to know why you left Cameron last year when she came out and you were part of the people that talked shit behind her back?" Rose chuckled as Blake cocked her head. "Huh?"

"Guys, please calm down-"

The entire class fell silent as Rose gave Blake a sounding slap. My eyes widened, and I quickly pushed Roseanne back as Blake screamed and tore against Terrance's grip.

"You bitch!" She shouted while I escorted Roseanne to the door.

"Alexis, please just take over, for this once?" I yelled as Rose walked out the class on her own.

"I got you." She affirmed, and I walked out, following Roseanne.

"Rose, please, talk to me."

She huffed and continued walking faster. I caught up to her and pulled her braids, pulling her back. She screeched and turned around, pushing me against the lockers. She held my collar tight, and I looked into her eyes, waiting for her to respond.

"Roseanne." I whispered. "Please. Please just hear me out-"

She momentarily brought me closer to her before pushing my back against the locker once again with a little more force. My breathing quickened, and when she saw my face, she let go, taking a few steps back as I slid down the lockers, still looking at her.

The last time we were in a position like this, I was looking at Roseanne to help me up, but she never did. She walked away from me, leaving me on the floor with my wet tears staining my cheeks. This time, however, it was different.

She didn't say a word, and knelt in front of me. I put a hand up to her cheek, caressing it lightly.

"Cameron." She whispered. "I'm sorry, you probably hate me now."

"No, I don't." I muttered. "I won't ever hate you."

"I hurt you." She said lowly.

"That doesn't mean I hate you." I attempted a smile. "We're all going to hurt each other at some point, we just have to find the ones worth the pain."

"Am I worth the pain?"

"I don't know." I replied rather shakily. "Help me up."

She stood up and gave me a boost up, and when I stood, I gave her a nod.

"Listen, I know inviting Blake to the club isn't sitting well with you. But if it makes you feel any better, I'll make sure you 2 won't ever butt heads, alright? That's all I can do right now." I reassured her. "She wanted to join and I just had to let her. The whole point of that club is to accept everyone for who they are, and I had to accept her."

"But Cameron, I don't trust her." Rose muttered. "There's just something to her that you're not seeing."

"I know you have your doubts but please, just trust me." I pleaded with her. "Roseanne."

"Sometimes your trust is misleading, and I don't want anything bad to happen to you or me."

"Blake wouldn't."

"She would." Rose said. "She would, Cameron."

"She has no capacity to even hurt me, I'm her friend." I said proudly. "Just trust me, please? If I'm wrong, you're free to chastise me, okay?"

Rose shook her head in disbelief. "Let's go back to the club, idiot." She tugged one white braid of mine, "Come on."

"Fine, dummy." I pushed the back of her head as we walked back to the room to continue with the club.