7.

"Addie, the day I met you I knew you were something special." Mark Sloane started his wedding vows with as they stood under a man made arch. "I searched for the right words....and I think I finally found them."

Derek listened as his best friend and brother, who he never thought would settled down, recited his vows to Addison. But the words that he began with reminded him of the maid of honor standing across the aisle from him. In the airport, there had been something about this blonde, how frustrated she was with the flight being delayed and how she always had come backs to what he said, that peaked his interest.

A love...so beautiful we let it slip away." Mark spoke dramatically, in hopes nobody knew the words to a Michael Bolton song.

Of course, he had gone with the words to a song. That was Mark. But at least what he was saying was heartfelt. Derek smiled as he watch everybody's reaction to Mark's words, especially Meredith's. She was very focused on what he was saying, or maybe she was just trying to ignore his stare, but either way, she looked touched by the words coming out of the mouth of her best friend's future husband.

"Addie...you've got me love stoned." Mark cleared his throat.

Seriously? He was doing so well. And then he had to go and use Justin Timberlake? Luckily for him, not many of the guests knew that what he was saying were lyrics to a song. Except the bridal party who all laughed as Mark finished his statement. Derek wasn't paying attention to any of the other people as Meredith bit her lip and started to giggle, obviously aware of where the words came from. He smiled and caught her eye quickly, but she looked away as Mark continued his vows.

"Addison, when I met you I wrote a poem, that I'd like to share." Mark cleared his throat. "I worked really hard on this....It takes two baby...me and you, just takes two, it takes two baby...to make a dream come true, it just takes two."

Not only was Mark using song lyrics as his vows, but he was lying. Addison didn't care though, the tears rolling down her check as kept spouting Marvin Gaye lyrics instead of his own feelings. Every other member of the wedding party and the guests were in tears as well. Or most of them. Meredith being one of them that wasn't. He watched as she smiled, but showed no other emotion as Mark promised to spend the rest of his life caring for and loving Addison.

"And not only do I promise to bring sexy back." Mark turned and winked at their guests. "But I also plan to love you forever."

All of the guests continued to laugh, except for his mother who clearly thought his words were inappropriate, a smile still plastered on her face over Mark getting married. Meredith, though, looked conflicted. She looked like she wanted to warn Addison into believing that he would be with her forever, till death. She had been hardened by something. Something had caused her to reject affection, and it was obviously painful.

"Shh...Der." Meredith nudged him.

"Derek...." Meredith whispered as it was their turn to walk down the aisle after the ceremony ended. "Derek..."

"Ohh...Sorry." He stepped forward, taking her arm and starting to walk back up the aisle.

"Finally." Meredith groaned, letting go of his hand as they turned the corner.

"Finally what?"

"I hate these shoes." She put her hand on his shoulder as she pulled the shoe off.

"They look painful." He laughed, enjoying the feeling of her hand.

"They are." She pulled away, suddenly shorter in front of him. "Your friend...worst poet ever."