26.

She couldn't focus, there was a movie on the screen, popcorn in her hands and she couldn't focus on the stupid chick flick Addison had picked out. Her mind had been cloudy for days, ever since Thatcher had met Derek, everything felt so distant.

"Earth to Meredith." Addison called, noticing she was staring into space.

"Huh...what?" Meredith looked up quickly, noticing Addison's waving hand. "Oh....um...I was really caught up in the movie...sorry."

"What's going on with you? You've been completely out of it the last couple of days."

"Nothing...it's work..."

"Work has been boring...no laboring moms...nothing. So spill." Addison reached for the remote and shut off the TV.

"It's nothing." Meredith shrugged, taking a piece of popcorn into her mouth.

"Right." Addison nodded, taking a sip of her wine.

"Seriously...it's not anything to be concerned or talk about. Nothing." Meredith replied, leaning back against the couch.

"You're not going to convince me. I've known you long enough to know when something's bothering you."

"I picked Thatcher up one morning drunk...he spent the day at my house."

"He did not!"

"I was the only person available."

"He shouldn't even have that option."

"Well he did and the kicker...Derek met Thatcher which...he tried to be all caring and great but Thatcher..." Meredith took a deep breath.

"Hold on." Addison sat up. "Derek met your dad?"

"Um...yeah." Meredith drained her wine, before taking another bite of the popcorn.

"Why was he at your house?" Addison smirked.

"He um....he stopped by."

"You two have been spending a lot of time together."

"No we haven't." Meredith replied defensively.

"He is best friends with my husband so I hear daily what he's doing." Addison laughed.

"Crap."

"Are you going to share what's going on with me or am I going to have to tell Mark to ask Derek?"

"Nothing is going on."

"I can call Mark right now. Actually, I think he went to Joe's with Derek."

"You wouldn't." Meredith glared.

"I would." Addison grinned, picking up her cell phone from the side table.

"Okay I like Derek...." Meredith jumped forward, reaching for the cell phone.

"Tell me something I didn't know."

"I don't...it's not obvious."

"It's pretty obvious, Mer."

"Fine, but we're not in a relationship. He gets that I don't want anything from him."

"Have you had sex yet?" Addison asked, leaning back on the couch.

"No." Meredith frowned, crossing her arms.

"That's...shocking."

"Why?"