49.

Approximately One Month Later....
Christmas Eve...

All of their gifts had been opened and now the living room of Meredith's house was full of wrapping paper. Derek watched as she frantically ran around, cleaning up the paper and putting the gifts away so they could spent some time together before he had to leave for the airport to go home for the holidays. "Mer...relax." Derek laughed, trying to get her to stop.

"Just cleaning...." She replied, picking up the pink tissue paper from the Lingerie she had bought for him. "Was the black lace too much? Should I have gotten pink instead?"

"The black is great." He said, closing the box.

"Okay." She replied, before reaching for the empty mugs of hot chocolate. She was glad they had her house to themselves for the night, Lexie and her friends would be back later.

"I think we forgot a gift." He called to her, as she brought the mugs into the kitchen.

"I don't think so!" She shouted from the kitchen as she opened the dishwasher. "Did you print your boarding pass yet?"

"I did it this morning."

"That's right!" She called, putting the mugs into the dishwasher before stealing a bite from a sugar cookie. "Oh and don't forget to check your luggage!"

"I've got it. Will you come back in here please?" He laughed, yelling to her.

"Almost done!" She rolled her eyes as she put the last few dishes into the machine.

"Meredith...come here."

"Derek you have a plane to leave for in a little while and I'm cleaning!" She shouted, as she wiped down the counters.

"Clean after I leave." He said, coming into the kitchen.

"What's your rush?" Meredith asked as she washed her hands.

"I'm not rushing...you are." Derek said, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her away from the sink."

"You....did you take something to read on the plane?"

"Yes I did."

"And you remembered to take the house plans?"

"I have everything I need."

"Okay...." She frowned, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Come back into the living room. There's one more thing for you." He said, taking her hand and leading her back into the other room.

"Derek we got everything." Meredith giggled.

"Nope."

"Nope?" She stopped to bend over and grab a piece of trash that had been dropped.

"There's one more present." He replied.

"But everything is gone." Meredith pointed under their tree, "Those are the presents for everyone else."

"Look at the tree." Derek suggested, standing back.

"It's a nice tree?"

"Look closer."

"At what?" She frowned.

"That." He laughed, standing up and pointing to a gift box.

"It's an ornament." She said bluntly, as she looked at the sterling silver present shaped ornament.

"Take it off and open it."

"Why?" She looked at him strangely as the lights from the tree glistened in her eyes.