15/16.

Derek had no clue what was going on with him and Meredith. They weren't dating, he knew that. Because she didn't date. But they kept kissing and then she'd run away and Derek wanted to find out exactly where they stood. Addison had given him the heads up that she would be out of the office in the afternoon so he decided to go over to see her when she couldn't use work as an excuse.

"Delivery." Derek said, as he got off the elevator at the ir office.

"I'm sorry, she's out of the office." Meredith said into the phone, looking up to find Derek standing over her, causing her to jump a little. "No...sorry...no I will leave a message and hand her your notes...thank you...uh huh...yes...bye."

"Did I interrupt important obstetric business?"

"No...definitely not." Meredith rolled her eyes, placing the phone down and walking over to grab some sign out sheets from the copier.

"I brought lunch." Derek leaned against the desk.

"Ohh...." Meredith frowned.

"Did you already eat?"

"No...no I just..."

"I have a turkey sandwich and a peanut butter and jelly."

"Oh um...." Meredith looked around the desk. "You want to eat...here?"

"Yeah, unless you had somewhere else in mind."

"Oh okay...um...we can eat in the back...there's a lounge and..." Meredith took a deep breath, lacing her hands together. "I just...okay...lunch."

"Lunch...with a friend." Derek nodded, following her back.

"Yeah...." Meredith replied, opening the door to the employee lounge that she, Addison and Lexie had painted on a day off.

"Do you want turkey or peanut butter?" Derek asked.

"Oh um....peanut butter." She replied, smiling nervously.

"Chips?"

"Um sure..."

"So...where is Addison today?" Derek pretended he didn't know.

"Some presentation I think." Meredith replied, turning and looking at a calendar from the wall. "Yeah...one on some surgical method to protect the amniotic sack or something."

"Sounds fascinating." Derek laughed.

"I'm not sure." Meredith replied, standing up quickly, to mark out a day on the calendar before sitting down in the seat that she had been in.

"Mark said you and Addie had a girls night last night." Derek took a bite of his sandwich.

"Oh yeah...." Meredith replied, taking a few chips and placing them next to her sandwich.

"What did you do?"

"Nothing important."

"Do you want an apple or...I think I have carrots."

"Carrots." She replied, taking on out of the bag. "Um thanks....for lunch."

"This is much better than eating alone at the hospital." He laughed, taking the apple.

"You don't eat with Mark?"

"When we can, but usually one of us is in surgery."

"I see."

"And before Addison, he was having sex with the nurses."

"That doesn't surprise me." Meredith giggled.