41.

He was still exhausted. A good night sleep with Meredith in his arms hadn't been enough to get rid of all of the fatigue he had from being at the hospital for almost two days straight. He been so tired that once he had gone back to sleep after making Meredith breakfast, he hadn't woken up in time to go to her office for lunch. He was sure she would understand though, she hadn't even woken him up* for breakfast he had just felt her stirring. And now she was going to be home soon so they could finally both be awake and together at the same time.

The front door slammed open to Meredith's house as she walked in and tossed her stuff to the side. "Crap."

"What's wrong?" Derek frowned, as she sat on the couch watching the news.

"Nothing." She replied, kicking her shoes off and pulling her feet to her side.

"You sure everything's okay?"

"Yes." She groaned, standing up and walking back over to her stuff to grab her cell phone.

"Okay." He sighed, not sure what was bugging her.

"I see you didn't go anywhere today."

"I didn't wake up until two."

"Okay."

"How were the inspections?" Derek asked.

"It was fine." Meredith replied, sitting back down on the couch as she flipped her phone open and rested her chin on her hand.

"No problems?"

"Nope."

"I bet Addison is relieved to have that over with."

"She is." Meredith whispered, texting on her phone.

"Is something bothering you?" Derek asked, turning to face her.

"No."

"You're lying to me."

"No I'm not Derek." Meredith groaned, closing her phone.

"Okay." Derek sighed, grabbing the remote and changing the channel.

"It's nice you slept until two, seeing as you made plans with me." Meredith groaned, tossing her phone into the table.

"You are mad at me." Derek replied, turning off the TV.

"I never said that."

"You keep snapping at me."

"I never snapped at you."

"Fine."

"But you probably could have called." She replied, standing up and reaching for the remote.

"I was asleep. I worked for two days straight." He sighed.

"I know."

"I'm sorry I didn't come."

"It's not a big deal." She shrugged.

"It is because you're upset with me."

"No it's not." She groaned, turning the television back to what he was watching.

"Then why are you upset?"

"Nothing...I'm just tired."

"Promise?"

"Yeah." She breathed, pulling her hair into a ponytail.

"You're not telling me the truth." He whispered.