11.

Derek was excited. More than excited. No matter how lame it sounded, he hadn't seen his best friend in two weeks because he had been on his honeymoon and now they were finally getting a night out together. Of course, he wasn't at the bar when Derek got there. Mark was always late. And considering the fact that he was a newlywed, he couldn't blame him, though he didn't want to know what he was doing.

"Hey Man." Mark patted Derek on the back before sitting down and waving to the bartender. "Beer please."

"What took you so long...Never mind don't answer that." Derek answered, taking a sip of hthe scotch that he already had.

'It's called the Newlywed game." Mark smirked as the bartender sat his beer down.

"Right. Besides the sex, how was Europe?"

"There were buildings and ancient architecture and blah blah...Addie loved it."

"So you guys actually left the hotel room?"

"We did." Mark sighed, taking a sip of his beer.

"I'm glad you guys had fun. Back to work now." Derek laughed.

"Back to work." Mark smirked. "Have you been taking care of Seattle while we were gone?"

"I tried."

"Remind me to give you my little black book...you can take better care of Seattle." Mark smirked. "Just tell them Mark Sloan sent you."

"I don't want your little black book." Derek sighed.

"But who is going to carry on the name?" Mark frowned. "That's...you're lame Shep."

"Have you seen Meredith since you've been back?" Derek said, unable to hold back the question any longer.

"Who? Oh...Grey?"

"Yeah."

"No, Addison will see her tomorrow but I haven't seen her." Mark sighed. "She said something about trying to get you two together."

"She...did she say anything else?"

"Nothing...just that they work tomorrow." Mark shrugged. "Why?"

"No reason." Derek lied.

'Why? You have the hots for Grey?" Mark smirked. "Who doesn't?"

"I don't...have the hots for her."

"Sure you don't." Mark rolled his eyes.

"I don't know...She's...I like her." Derek said.

"So ask her out." Mark shrugged.

"I did that. Three times."

"And she still said no?"

"Everytime."

"That's expected."

"Why?"

"She doesn't date."

"If I hear that one more time..." Derek groaned.

"Sorry man." Mark took a drink from his beer. "From the way Addison talks about it...and she talks about Meredith a lot cause she tries to play matchmaker...but anyways from the way it sounds, it might be a long and complicated story."

"I thought so."

"I mean no big deal...there are plenty of girls in my black book to fuck."

"What if I don't want any of those girls?"

"Why wouldn't you?"

"I don't know. I don't want just...a fuck." Derek winced.

"You want a relationship." Mark replied.

"I want a relationship. A real relationship with a girl who isn't all about herself." Derek answered, referring to his last girlfriend.

"Shepherd...you're such a woman."

"I'm a woman because I want a relationship. And this coming from the man who just got married."

"Listen....that's different."

"I don't understand how you ended up getting married. One minute you're screwing everything that walks and now you're a husband and I'm still single."

"Addison and I have an agreement." Mark smirked. "She got the ring,the wedding and the marriage...I get to take a a look at all the hot ass I want as long as she doesn't catch me. I just can't touch....fair trade."

"That's...I don't even know what to say to that. There are so many things wrong with that. Marriage is supposed to be about love, Mark." Derek shook his head.

"Again...you're a woman." Mark breathed, "Besides if George Clooney decides to take a wife, I told Addie she could leave me. It's a great marriage we have."

"How am I a woman for wanting a relationship?"

"You don't even know Grey."

"Not yet."

"She doesn't want you to know her."

"She doesn't want anybody. Something happened to her...I just don't know what."

"From what I understand...it's far too complicated and messy." Mark explained. "Addie explained it a few times but I always get my mind on something else. I don't remember."

"You don't remember anything? Nothing that could help me?"

"All I know is Addie and her friends are always trying to talk to her and set her up." Mark shrugged. "They like plan it on girls night out and stuff...but Grey won't go for it."

"Damnit." Derek muttered.

"You could try talking to Addie...or going to see Addie at work." Mark shrugged. "Meredith will be there."

"Maybe you're not as dumb as I thought." Derek said, a smile spreading across his face.

"Addison wouldn't have married me if I wasn't so brilliant and good looking."

"Do you know if Meredith works tomorrow?"

"She's Addison's assistant...of course she'll be there."

"You really think going to her office will work?"

"No, but it will be funny to have her tell you no a fourth time." Mark chuckled, finishing off his beer. "I'll send my black book to work with Addie tomorrow...she'll give it to you on the way out."

"Haha. You're funny."

"I am and I'm married."

"I'll be the one laughing when Meredith says yes tomorrow."

"The day Meredith Grey walks into a relationship is the day I can't get Big Mark up....I don't even want to joke about that." Mark winced.

"Big Mark?"

"Do I need to spell it out?" Mark glared before waving to a bartender. "Another beer please."

"Wouldn't it be little Mark?" Derek laughed.

"Wouldn't it be little Mark?" Derek laughed. "We did go to camp together. I don't know if Big Mark is the right adjective."

"I hope Meredith kills you."

"I hope Addison catches you staring at some other girls ass."

"Jerk."

"Seriously though..." Derek said. "Can you help me with Meredith?"

"That;'s Addison's area." Mark replied, "I just do what she tells me to."

"Then I'll go see her tomorrow."

Good luck with that."

Going to see her. That's what he was going to do. And his excuse would be going to see Addison and to see how his friend was doing after her honeymoon, no matter how dumb he might look. Because all he wanted to do was see Meredith and hopefully have her say yes to him.