43.

Derek had a lot of land, almost too much to house a small trailer but enough to tire her as they walked on it. There was a lot and she could handled walking this much but she had opted for a piggy back instead. She'd hopped on more as a joke, but now she was relieved she had taken him up on his offer. She didn't want to miss any of this because every view was breathtaking. Even as she had become worn out, she hadn't wanted to miss a thing. So she kept riding on his back, giving him the occasional break. "Giddy up."

"Are you going to whip me?" Derek laughed.

"Do you want me too?" She giggled as she pressed a light kiss on his neck.

"Not right now...we still have land to see." He smiled, holding onto her legs, her arms around his neck.

"I could walk." She replied.

"I like carrying you."

"You're weird."

"How is that weird?" Derek laughed, stopping as he got to the top of a hill.

"Because...I have to be getting heavy."

"You're not heavy."

"Yeah but....oh look." Meredith smiled as they looked over the hill. It was beautiful, especially the way the morning fog held it's own over the large amount of land.

"It's it amazing?" Derek breathed.

"Completely amazing." Meredith whispered as she got down from his back.

"We should camp out up here one night." Derek said, wrapping his arms around her from behind.

'"Really?" She asked with a smile on her face.

"If you want." He replied, kissing right below her ear.

"Yeah....." She smiled as they looked over the land. There was something about the land that made her feel small and almost overwhelmed with ideas of things she had never pictured. "You know the area....over looking all the hills...with the cliff and everything?"

"Yeah?"

"You...if you want...you should build a house. On the land." Meredith suggested.

"A house?" Derek asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah...I mean if you wanted to...a house." Meredith swallowed.

"A house." Derek nodded.

"I mean...you have a trailer so you don't need a house but a house is bigger and....." Meredith took a deep breath as she turned around in his arms. "I...never mind. It's stupid...sorry."

"No...it's...I always thought of a house here."

"Oh."

"You think...by the cliff?"

"Well yeah...no I mean kids...if we...there could be a fence but maybe not so close...to the cliff...I mean it's your land but...maybe not too close to the cliff...that needs a fence...a safe fence."

"Yeah. I mean...we could put the house farther back..."

"Yeah it's just...the cliff is pretty but....kids Derek...it just seems so risky." Meredith breathed, looking back up at Derek who was smiling a little in her direction. "I mean when...you want them....or....if you....I'm shutting up."

"No, don't shut up." Derek grinned. "I want to hear your ideas."

"You do?" She smiled.

"Yeah. Keep going."