45.

Derek had done it. He had actually done it. The diamond ring was in his pocket and he was actually going to go through with it. But there was something he had to do first. He had always been taught to be old fashioned so asking for permission was the last step. "Hey you guys." Derek smiled as Addison and Lexie entered the coffee shop he had told them to meet him at.

"Hey." Lexie smiled as she sat down in the seat, scooting a bit so Addison could get to her chair.

"Hey Derek..." Addison smiled, sitting her purse down.

"Do you want anything?" He asked, gesturing to the menu.

"Green tea." Addison replied.

"I'll take a hot chocolate." Lexie nodded to the waitress who had approached them.

"Coffee for me." Derek said, nodded to the waitress as she walked back to the kitchen.

"So, slow day at the hospital or a day off Dr....Derek." Lexie breathed.

"I took the afternoon off."

"Oh that's good....Meredith said you've been really busy." Lexie replied.

"Yeah, she's working a lot herself right now." Addison cut in.

"The hospital has been kind of crazy and then...the house." Derek answered.

"I can't wait to see it." Lexie grinned.

"Meredith has brochures and catalogues all over the office." Addison laughed.

"She loves it." Derek grinned. "I love watching her make designs."

"Today she's been looking at color swatches." Addison sighed. "She's panicked over the front door color."

"It's actually quite funny." Lexie smirked.

"Don't tell her that." Derek laughed.

"I won't, I thought she was going to kill me the other day when I told her that the color of brick didn't matter." Lexie giggled.

"Brick color? Aren't bricks red?"

"Apparently not." Lexie replied.

"Oh and she's already looking at custom made sofas...I apologize in advance for that." Addison replied.

"Thanks."

"She's all worried that you'll hate her if it's not perfect." Lexie sighed.

"Yeah, I'm working on that." Derek smiled.

"Well whatever you do, don't tell her that all dark blues are the same when it comes to the shutters." Addison smirked before thanking the waitress for their drinks. "I did that today and I actually thought Meredith would cry."

"Oh I know....she was a mess over the shutter and door color this morning." Lexie laughed as she took a sip of her hot chocolate.

"It's amazing." Derek smiled. "This girl who didn't date...and now, she's designing our house."

"It's actually quite adorable." Lexie added.

"But the house is only one thing." He said, reaching into his pocket, but not taking anything out yet.

"Did you know Meredith wants the nursery to have higher windows?" Lexie added.

"Yeah, apparently she thinks that normal height is too dangerous." Addison added, not paying attention to Derek.

"She thinks everything is dangerous." Derek shook his head, putting the little box on the table.

"She called the contactors today and asked if the doors and outlets could come with child safety pieces." Lexie giggled.