"you're like a tribrid"

"HE WOULD'VE WANTED YOU BE HERE SAN," JJ scratched the back of his head, standing behind Santana as she nearly fell to the ground in front of the Pogue memorial for John B

"HE WOULD'VE WANTED YOU BE HERE SAN," JJ scratched the back of his head, standing behind Santana as she nearly fell to the ground in front of the Pogue memorial for John B. In their whole summer, JJ had never seen her smile fade so fast.

John B Routledge, 2003-2020.
P4L

"— I haven't seen John B get so close to someone in such a short amount of time," JJ smiled, squishing next to Santana as the two ended up sitting in front of the tree. JJ smiled, talking like a proud friend, "Like he finally found a friend who understood the Routledge crazy."

"He wasn't crazy," Santana mumbled, laying her head on JJ's shoulder, "He was just lied to."

"San, are we still talking about John B?" He asked, glancing down at the girl who was now cracking her knuckles.

"Sorry," She nervously laughed, "I zoned out for a second... I've been doing that since the storm."

"I would too if I had everything ripped away from me in what? The span of 72 hours?"

"Sounds like a new record."

JJ sighed, moving his arm to wrap it around Santana, "So what's it like living with murderers?"

"Nothing different from Freeridge," Santana finally let out a small laugh, "God, the second I stepped in the OBX I let my Santos blood get all over it."

"You're like a tribrid!"

"A tribrid?"

"Part Pogue, part Kook and part Santos," JJ nd urged her gently as she finally lifted her head up, "A special little mix."

Santana paused for a moment, stuck in a daze, "If I didn't have you right now, I think I would've lost my mind already. You're keeping me sane."

"Lucky I'm here then," JJ replied, "I'm so glad to see a smile."

"I'm just glad you're not tensing your face anymore," Santana teased him, impersonating him at the country club, "JJ, you're gonna get wrinkles going on like that."

"Well it looks like I gotta learn from the best, tell me, what's your tactic to not getting pre-fight wrinkles?" JJ smirked , holding her face, "Like, that's smooth skin if I've ever seen it."

"Stop!" She rolled her eyes, "You're acting like you don't have a baby face!"

"First I have fight wrinkles and now I have a baby face? Pick a side babe," JJ replied, pausing awkwardly after he uttered 'babe,' however Santana continued to blush.

"Oh J, I'll just have to hook you up with a fancy botox lady from Brentwood."

"Brentwood?"

"Freeridge version of Kooks," Santana added, catching furrowed brows from JJ, "Yeah, the OBX ain't that special."

"Come on, this island has something about it."