"the big leagues"₁

1/2 of the double chapter babes! make sure to vote and comment on both <3

"OHHHH, YOU BETTER LISTEN TO YOUR DADDY RAFE," Barry chuckled at the sight of Ward, his eyes then darting to Santana, "I ain't say shit about you

"OHHHH, YOU BETTER LISTEN TO YOUR DADDY RAFE," Barry chuckled at the sight of Ward, his eyes then darting to Santana, "I ain't say shit about you. Don't stare at me like that."

"Get the fuck outta here Barry," Santana waved her hand, ushering him out.

"Yeah, lemme just leave my own house real quick," Barry deadpanned, though Rafe and Ward gave him a glare, "Right. I'm just gonna leave my own house."

"I'm actually glad I've got the both of you here," Ward smiled at the two as Barry walked out, "I need you kids to listen to me, alright?"

"I'll bite," Santana folded her left leg over her right, leaning forward, "What's going on dad?"

Ward cracked a slight smile for the moment, while he noted Santana's snarky tone, he was just happy to hear her say the words. He was too stressed to even think about her sarcasm.

"— You know, you're pretty good at wasting time for a guy who's practically a walking time bomb," Santana followed it up, snapping her fingers, "Let's go Ward, I'd quite like to hear you-"

"Shut it Santana!" Rafe groaned, wiping his hands over his face, "Just give him a second."

"It's alright Rafe," Ward reassured him, pulling money out of his pocket as he handed it to Rafe, "I need you to go to my old office, Market Street. There's a car there, drive the whole way to Mclintock Aciation-"

"I-I don't think you should be talking about this around her," Rafe cleared his throat, leaning over to whisper, "She's not on our side dad."

"And that's okay," Ward took another deep breath. He turned to Santana, "I wouldn't let anything happen to the both of you... I won't let you two go to jail."

"Jail?" Santana jolted, "The fuck did I do to go to jail?"

"Sana," Ward paused, "They found your prints on the shells too, it doesn't matter if you get this cleared up. You're in breach of your probation, I sure as hell don't want you to end up back in Freeridge on that path. I-I won't be able to help."

She knew he was right, and that's what stung the most.

"I don't want your help Ward-"

"But you need it," He sounded like he was pleading with her. Ward reached into his pocket with a card, "I wished this was under a different circumstance, but I get it. I ruined everything here sweetheart."

Santana almost started to feel claustrophobic, "Ward-"

"I'm not gonna force you to do anything Sana," Ward insisted as he handed her the card, "I just want you to call this number-"

"C-call?"

"If you change your mind," He clenched his jaw with tears in his eyes, "I'm sorry Santana. I'm sorry I didn't do better."