"she didn't die"

"DAD SAID THE WATER WAS LIKE 10FT DEEP," Wheezie looked up at Santana

"DAD SAID THE WATER WAS LIKE 10FT DEEP," Wheezie looked up at Santana. Santana, instead of freaking out, was choosing to look at this like some sort of tropical vacation till she hit land. She'd lost track of Sarah who was aimlessly running a muck on the boat. The two were growing tense seeing as Santana wasn't doing much to stop the boat ride, but that posed her question — what could she really do?

She was stuck. She just needed to think about what she could do when she hit land. Ward's spiraling lies about calling the Pogues was already barred as Rose had seemingly taken the two's phones.

And then there was Selah. She sat back with her floppy hat and a magazine out on the deck, Santana had thought about strangling her but it wouldn't do much good.

"Great, just deep enough to kill ourselves," Santana said with a burning smile, "Fuck, you're a kid. Sorry."

"You're only a few years older than me," Wheezie rolled her eyes, pulling away from the railing, "So, why are you and Sarah going crazy over this?"

"I dunno, are you not concerned they had to kidnap us or the fact that Ward faked his death" Santana replied, and Wheezie's jaw dropped, "Right. A literal child. Wheeze, it's because your parents are terrible people."

Wheezie had continued to ramble, explaining all the reasons why Santana's "so wrong" and she should just give everyone a chance. She didn't really blame Wheezie, nobody told her shit anyways.

Santana's eyes wandered to the shipping containers, and she noticed somebody climbing out of the side — two of Ward's men were prying inside, and the girl who climbed out yelled, "Ain't no stowaways there boss. That container's clean, checked it inside and out."

Then it clicked. That girl was Cleo.

Santana's defeatists mood had suddenly done a 180 and her mind raced; there's stowaways? Cleo's here?

Without giving it another thought, she bolted from Wheezie and headed straight for the containers. Just as the two workers had left, Santana had crossed paths with Cleo by the container.

"Bitchhh!" The two squealed, embracing in a hug. Santana grinned hard, "How the hell did you end up here?"

"Girl this is my boat!" Cleo chuckled, "Errr, I mean I work for it. The people your uh... dad's paying."

"Enough about him, more about you," Santana tugged on her arm, "Dude, you're a sight for sore eyes!"

"Shit Sana, I didn't realise it was you they were dragging on this damn cargo," Cleo shook her head, "Are you okay girl?"

Neither could get out another word when they heard a certain person screaming from the container, "Is that her? Dude move! I'm getting out-"

Suddenly the metal cutout in the container had been pushed open, and there JJ was beaming to get out — he tumbled hard, landing right in front of Santana's feet.

"JJ! You're plan B! You're gonna screw up this operation!" Pope angrily whispered as he trailed after the blonde.

"Well hello to you guys too!" Santana crossed her arms, smiling as JJ stood up. JJ didn't hesitate to wrap her tightly into a hug, lifting her off the ground. Pope was snapping his fingers, "You're gonna cause a scene!"

"I got drugged and kidnapped, shutup Pope," Santana leaned over JJ's shoulder to reply, then tucking her head into his neck, "You better keep holding me blondie, I need a damn hug."

"She didn't die," Pope smacked JJ's head, "This is a time sensitive operation, guys get in the container!"

"You're gonna hold me hostage... while I'm being held hostage?" Santana pouted, "Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning."

"Santana could you just cooperate?" Pope frowned, pleading with the girl. Santana sighed as JJ released her from his grip, "How about we just go take them on?"

"Do you have any weapons?" Pope rhetorically asked and Santana balled her hands, "Fists of fury right here Pope."

He facepalmed himself, pointing to the container. JJ giggled, "You walked yourself into that one."

Santana led herself and JJ into the container, "Remind me why locking me in her till you finish your little plan is smart?"

"Because JJ is like a magnet, wherever he goes you go and right now we need him here as backup," Pope explained, still ushering them into the shipping container.

"Backup again J?" Santana slipped into the container, "We suck."

It seemed John B had been patiently waiting his turn to greet Santana, he too hugged her. Kie was lurking in the corner, hesitantly walking over to hug her too, "You're safe."

"We're on a boat in the caribbean Booker," Santana rolled her eyes, "Which, in any other context than this, would be great."

"I-Is Sarah okay?" Kie cleared her throat. Santana nodded, "She's fine.. ish. Last I saw her was with Ward, but I wouldn't worry — he cries everytime he sees her."

"Oh right," Santana hummed, "Ward's alive, him and Selah hid scuba under the boat and poof! Here they are!"

"We figured that part out," John B scratched his neck. JJ clawed through the shipping container, "Pope and Cleo are headed to the boss, they're gonna distract him. They'll talk over the intercom and get all of the workers to one part of the ship. Then we swoop in for the cross."

"Bastard," Santana scoffed, "Not that I believed him, but Ward made up this whole sob story about how he gave you guys the cross."

"He gave us an existential crisis is what he gave us," Kie dropped to sit on the floor, "Pope and Cleo need to hurry."

— cloudydior
uh oh