"eyes on the prize"

"EYES ON THE PRIZE MAYBANK," Santana snapped her fingers in front of the blonde, who'd not so subtly laid eyes on her bikini and not the board they were waxing right in front of them

"They're definitely on the prize San," JJ smirked, making Santana blush. She nudged him out of the way as she continued to wax her board, "What's got you in such a chirpy mood?"

"I had a really hot girl wrapped in my arms last night," JJ replied, "Did you know that I have smoking hot ex girlfriend?"

"What kind of crack did she smoke to have a reason to break up with you?" Santana rolled her eyes, proudly lifting her board, "Now, I recall you still saying you were like the best surfer on the island and blah blah blah-"

"That I am, Princesa."

"Well," She smiled, cracking her knuckles, "I think it's time you finally change your mind."

JJ laughed at her, simply shaking his head, "I'm the best surfer on the island, ain't no beating that."

"Right, because John B's in the Bahamas," Santana teased him, turning around as she prepared to sprint to the beach.

"Now that was offensive," JJ held his hand to his heart, holding back laughter, "Take it back right now!"

"No way!" Santana grinned, "Maybe if you beat me to the waves then-"

And with that, JJ had already sprinted down to the beachside with his board in hand — and course Santana followed after him.

The two surfed for hours, mostly trying to push eachother until the two begin splashing themselves off one another's boards. Their splash fight didn't last long since it ended with Santana tipping over JJ and eventually being dunked into the water.

Santana reciprocated the dunking right back and the two were completely submerged in water. Santana was dying of laughter, trying her best to lean over JJ's board, which was closest, to catch her breath. JJ eventually pulled himself onto Santana's, and the two had floated closer to eachother.

"This is what I mean," Santana hummed, "I just to be as relaxed as this all the time."

"Yes, because nearly drowning is relaxing," JJ nodded, trying to catch his breath, "Hold on-"

"Are those abs deceiving me or are you out of breath?"

"Most definitely out of breath!"

Their boards were finally touching, and the two had subconsciously leaned in to talk. Santana couldn't take her eyes off JJ, she felt as happy as she did the day they first surfed.

"So, are you gonna come here or what?" JJ finally blurted out, watching Santana closely as she pulled him by his necklace in for a kiss.

——