"you're pussy whipped"

"WHAT THE HELL WAS SCOOTER GRUBBS DOIN' OUT THIS FAR?" Gia asked Peterkin as their eyes stayed steady on the ocean in front of them, "Hell of a day to come out during a hurricane

"WHAT THE HELL WAS SCOOTER GRUBBS DOIN' OUT THIS FAR?" Gia asked Peterkin as their eyes stayed steady on the ocean in front of them, "Hell of a day to come out during a hurricane."

"yes it is," Peterkin mumbled back, noticing the small portion of land the two were seeing.

Gia and Peterkin had ended up going to see Lana Grubbs hours prior, figuring out that the two men that were gaffed had gone to see her. Peterkin had even found the coordinates and route from Scooter's Grady white too, figuring out that he was driving out to in inhabited island during the hurricane. Lana refused to say anything, but that didn't stop Peterkin from wanting to investigate.

Why Gia? Well Gia was growing more and more interested in the cases, especially since OBX had a pretty clean slate. Having an experienced cop like Gia on the case too would help out Peterkin, especially since she's dealt with worse.

The two eventually reached land, searching the beach for any type of evidence they could find as to why Scooter Grubbs was heading there before he died.

Soon enough, Gia and Peterkin found a spot on the beach covered in fallen tree branches where they came across a pair of glasses. Peterkin ran toward them, picking them up straight away.

"The glasses look a little odd," Gia tilted her head, observing from afar, "It's got an un-"

"Unusual style," Peterkin nodded, "Look around here for anything else."

"What're you thinking?" Gia asked as she searched around the spot

"The glasses look familiar," Peterkin gulped as she pulled Big John's missing person ad out from her pocket, "Big John familiar."

"Big John as in... Big John Routledge?" Gia questioned Peterkin as she knelt down in the sand, "Marisol's partner in crime?"

"Exactly."

Gia had finished looking around the area, for the second time until Peterkin finally stopped her, "You found anything of Marisol's?"

"Nothing," Gia dropped her face, "But maybe if we keep looking, maybe she dropped something - clearly they were alive-"

"We don't know if Marisol ever made it to shore," Peterkin gulped, "I'm sorry Gia, but at least we do know something for the case."

"What?"

"5 of OBX's biggest cases in the past year," Peterkin spoke up, "Big John Routledge - missing person, Marisol Diaz - missing person, Scooter grubs - drowns and two mainlanders dead by homicide."

"Now what I'm thinking is that these 5 things are all the same thing."

[][][]