"let's kookify you"

"TURN IT OFF!" JJ groaned as Santana's phone started to buzz, it practically woke the two up, "Dear god make it shut up!"

Santana laughed as she pulled herself away from JJ's grip, noticing John B had left multiple calls and texts.

"How can I help you Booker?" Santana said as she answered the phone.

"You're almost as bad as JJ with answering the godamn phone," John B replied, "Look, I think I've found something.. We - I mean I went to the mainland and I found a bunch of stuff-"

"Who's we?" JJ shot up, inserting himself into the conversation.

"JJ?" Santana could practically see John B furrowing his brows, "You're up before 12pm?"

"I mean I would've been sleeping," JJ sighed as he fell back into the bed.

"Are you two like-"

"Don't even go there Routledge," Santana paused him, "What'd you find? Is it actually useful?"

"Well, I'm checking that now," John B said, "I found this letter and I know somebody who can translate it so-"

"Where even are you?" Santana asked

"Look, just meet me back at the chateau as soon as possible," John B snapped back, "I think we're getting somewhere."

"Aye aye captain," Santana shook her head as she hung up, glancing over at JJ, "You wanna go surf instead? He'll probably be a while."

"Now you've got my attention," JJ suddenly hopped out of the bed, despite groaning about it moments before.

The two started fumbling around the room, looking for whatever they needed, "Do you wanna talk about anything that happened yesterday?"

"I think I cried like a bitch enough," JJ laughed it off, "I'm good Sana."

"Normally when people say they're okay, they're not," Santana paused as she locked eyes with JJ, "I was serious when I said that we were gonna figure something out."

"And I'm serious when I tell you, you don't need to worry reina," JJ cracked a smile, though he was lying through his teeth, "I got this covered."

"But-"

"Santana," JJ pouted, "Drop it?"

Santana nodded back. A few moments passed and the front door flew open, revealing Selah.

"How're you feeling JJ?" She asked as she leant against the door frame, "Are-"

"I'm fine Selah," JJ threw his arms up as he looked at Santana, "Imma go get my board from my place and i'll-"

"We actually have some plans," Selah pouted, "I'm sorry J! We're off to midsummers."

"Midsummers?" JJ growled as Santana said (at the same time), "We??"