YOU'RE NOT A COMPLETE ASSHOLE

"YOU'VE GOT THE CUT AND FIGURE EIGHT," John B began, "And then you've got the Pogues and the Kooks

"YOU'VE GOT THE CUT AND FIGURE EIGHT," John B began, "And then you've got the Pogues and the Kooks. I'd assume you can figure out the rest."

"Don't worry John, I know my way around Outer Banks. My mom's side are locals," Santana smiled back, "Speaking of, I need to get back to the board shop."

"How come?" Kie asked, "We were gonna head to John B's."

"The chateau," JJ explained, puppy dog eyes following after.

"Selah needs me to help her secure the shop, you guys realise there's a hurricane coming in hard," Santana pouted, "And that shop is like her child."

"In that case, I'll come and help," JJ smiled, "I am Selah's favourite customer, you know?"

"Favourite?" Santana furrowed her brows, "I recall her saying that you were-"

"Let's not get into details here California," JJ quickly interrupted, "John B, we're off to the board shop."

——

"SELAH MARKS!" JJ exclaimed, throwing his arms out toward Santana's aunt.

"JJ Maybank," Selah laughed and shook her head, accepting his hug, "What're you doing here?"

"I'm escorting your lovely niece," He innocently smiled back as Santana nudged him

"Lovely? That's a new one," Selah's eyes went wide as she smiled, catching a glare from Santana.

"Actually tia, he's here to help hurricane proof the shop," Santana cheekily nodded and turned to JJ, "Isn't that right?"

"Well, I had a surprising visit from the Cameron's, honey," Selah shrugged, counting the money behind the counter, "Had a whole team down here and fixed up the shop. I can't believe I'm saying it but, you're free to go!"

"Cameron's?" Santana asked, realising the familiar last name. Though, she thought it was just a coincidence.

"Ward Cameron," Selah explained, squinting her eyes as Santana's unsure face, "He's a kook from Figure Eight. Super rich."

"No details needed," Santana threw her arms up and turned to JJ, "You wanna go for a surf?"

"You'll learn that that is never a question you have to ask me," He smiled hard, "Let's go!"

"Don't you guys dare!" Selah loosely protested, "It's not safe."

——

"NO SANTANA, I WILL TOTALLY NOT GO INTO YOUR BEDROOM," JJ sarcastically replied to Santana, as she lead him to her room where her board was laying.

"You're so stupid," Santana smirked, grabbing the board, "Stand in the hall way then."

"Does this count as first base if i step in there though?" JJ teased her, causing her to roll her eyes

"Remind me not to go surfing with you again," She replied, as she shook her head.

"I'm the best surfer on the island, California."

"You're about to get a rude awakening," Santana laughed, nudging his shoulder as the two walked out into the living room, "So how come you're welcoming me?"

"Huh?"

"John B doesn't look too excited about me hanging out with you guys. He totally thinks I'm sketchy right?" She paused, "And Pope seems like the freak out type."

"Do you normally psycho analyse people?"

"It's a hobby," She laughed, "No forreal, why're you being so nice?"

"I'm being a good citizen," JJ winked, "And you're not a complete asshole, which is rare for newbies."

"Hm, that's probably the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me," She nodded.

"Wait, really?" JJ sincerely asked, "Cus that's fuckin' sad."

——

"UM, I ACTUALLY DON'T THINK IT'S SAFE TO SURF," JJ laughed as the two ended up on the beach, where it was already turning overcast and started to heavily rain, with random bursts of thunder.

"Even better," The two coincidentally said, smirking at eachother.

Santana raced JJ all the way into the waves almost crashing into eachother. All you could hear were the pair screaming but still laughing, while being thrown off balance in the waves.

"Careful!" Santana shouted at JJ who had for some reason, purposely thrown himself off his board for what he called 'fun'

"You worried California?" JJ teased as he swam over to her, "Don't tell me you're scared of a bit of thunder."

Before Santana could reply, a loud bang went off in the sky and JJ himself had panicked.

"Who's scared of thunder now?" Santana smirked as she splashed him with the water. After a few minutes, the two were met by John B and Pope who had seemed to have the same idea.

"These aren't surfable waves bro!" Pope called out, but ended up following John B down. The two took a glance between eachother before they called out to JJ and Pope, "Secretly hanging out with California, are we Maybank?"

"Not my fault you guys are boring," JJ yelled back as Santana had lunged to dunk him under the water. For once, her laughter wasn't stemming from running from the cops, it was from having fun.

Although, despite being absolutely soaked, and not exactly able to see, Santana saw a boat off in the distance; floating most likely to end up drowning.

"You seeing that?" Santana called out to John B, who had shared the same stare. He nodded.