"mermaid pt2"

"WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING?" Santana thought to herself as she plunged even further into the wreck

Eventually she made it to the boat, where she saw an opening. She peeled off a covering where she found a black duffle bag. Though she'd never admit, she was kind of struggling.

"John get in the water! It could be Peterkin!" Kie jumped up, "There's cops!"

John B quickly, but gently to avoid noise, hopped into the water. He was going to wait on the opposite side of the boat, hoping no cops would be able to see him.

"You kids know the marsh is closed right?" Deputy Shoupe and another officer called out as they pulled up toward the HMS Pogue

Down below, Santana was beginning to rise to the surface; knowing she'd found what she needed.

After she made her safety stop, on the way back to the surface, she saw John B's legs dangling in the water above her. She swam closer to him and pulled above slightly.

John B had heard the deputies were going to check out the boat, so he panicked on what he should do.

Santana slightly pulled on his leg, and she led him down after seeing the Deputy - once he'd begun holding his breath.

The two had swum almost completely under as Sheriff Shoupe was checking every spot on the boat.

Santana had only a few moments before her tank would fully empty, so she was trying to stay as calm as possible - especially since John was just straight up holding his breath.

"Where'd he go?" Kie mouthed to JJ, then to Pope above the water.

The two shrugged as they hadn't seen their best friend pull himself under water.

Santana started to feel a little dizzy as she could feel the oxygen tank running out of air, and John could see it..  but he had no idea how to help.

John B swam off to the side a little bit, thankfully seeing his three best friends peering over the sight of the boat trying to find them.

He swam back to Santana, pulling him with her above the water.

"Don't scare us like that again!" Kie screamed, as she fell back into the boat, "Holy shit we are never doing that again."

"How'd it go?" JJ ran over to the side, helping John lift Santana out, "Are you okay?"

"I guess it's easier to do it drunk," She stuttered as she gasped for air, throwing the black duffle onto the boat, "Of course I found something."

"That's my girl!" JJ squealed

John B quickly followed after Santana onto the boat, and everybody waited patiently to open the duffle