Deadman's Cay |Chapter Twelve|

Early the next morning, before the busses even arrive, Kade and Gideon, dressed in their blue naval cammie pants and black shirts, load up all their gear into Kade's black jeep

Early the next morning, before the busses even arrive, Kade and Gideon, dressed in their blue naval cammie pants and black shirts, load up all their gear into Kade's black jeep. "You got everything you need, Treasure?" Kade's eyes flick up to her as she shoulders a seabag with her hiking backpack in another hand. "You can requisition any medical supplies you need from the ship. They're asking anyone with medic training to take it with them." Moving to her, Kade takes the seabag and throws it in the back before he does the same to her other one.

"Aye, I got everythin'." Truly eyes the black jeep. "I t'ought t'ere was a bus takin' everyone."

"There is," Kade agrees as he heads to the right-side driver's door. "It's slow, and doesn't have music, plus," he points to Petals sitting dutifully in the backseat behind him.

"He just refuses to listen to anyone bitching about his dog," Gideon opens up the back door and hops in beside the rottweiler. "And hates being a passenger."

Truly hops into the passenger seat. "Let's be honest. He just want ta get t'ere first."

"Aye, he aims to beat Raven," Gideon agrees as Kade kicks his jeep into gear and peels out of the row like Davy's on his heels.

Truly raises a brow as she grips the door and the center counsel, white-knuckled. "I t'ought he lived in Rimmeny?"

"He does," Kade agrees as he shifts gears and throws the back end of the jeep out in a slide as they round the corner and take the ramp for the motorway.

"T'en why are ye driving with the wind in ye sails!?" Her hand jerks up and grips the oh-shit bar.

Behind Kade, Gideon laughs as he casually reclines, looking far too comfortable with Kade's driving. "Raven's not driving thirteen hours. He's taking his chopper."

Truly squeezes her eyes shut tight. "Feckin' lads!" Several hours later, Truly finally sets her feet on solid ground at a heliport near the harbor, grumbling under her breath how he's just like her feckin' brothers and that lads suck.

As the sound of a helicopter fills the air and a red and blackbird begins to lower, a smug shit-eating grin crosses Kade's face.

Once the helicopter lands and the engine's cut, a man with dark wavy hair similar to Kade's hops out and walks back to pull a slender bag used to hold cutlasses and a seabag from the back of his bird. "Fucker!" He grins, locking his helicopter before he strides over to them. "What time did yuh actually leave, fishbait?"

"What I texted you," Kade retorts, giving the man a one-armed hug.

Raven scoffs as he steps back. "Not with the half sails way you drive." As his eyes land on Truly, he raises a brow and runs an appreciative gaze over her. "Yuh gonna introduce me to the lovely lass yuh brought me?"

Truly goes wide eyes as her gaze shifts from Kade to Raven. To her surprise, Kade counters his cousin when he steps forward to meet her.

As an all too familiar look crosses his cousin's eyes, Kade's body tenses, and his hand snaps out and pushes against Raven's chest.