Touched Souls |Chapter Twenty-One|

A few weeks have passed since Treason Days, and during that time, Kade's sleep has deteriorated more and more to the point it's affecting him at school and work

A few weeks have passed since Treason Days, and during that time, Kade's sleep has deteriorated more and more to the point it's affecting him at school and work. He isn't sure if it's because of the fight with his mother. The new living arrangements with Truly, or the fact he's found himself more and more landlocked, but an uneasy itch has settled into him. Thinking at first, it was his wanderlust. He'd taken the Black Raven out a few times with her, but it did no good. Neither did giving into the family's lust for gold by taking a trip to his vault to find her a suitable ring. In fact, the only thing that seems to help at all is Truly herself, mainly when he's bedding her.

Truly has even noticed the changes in him. He's getting snippy with everyone around him but her, particularly his fraternity brothers. He's even losing interest in things that used to matter to him. It's killing her to see him suffer, especially when she knows its cause.

As she cooks dinner, she steals a glance over at him, watching him grow more frustrated while he tries to study, but she can tell he's not able to focus. With a sigh, she breaks her own promise to herself and softly sings. "Oh, my dear unwary sailor. Come to my shore, it's way safer than the roaring sea. I need you here with me."

Sitting at the island bar, the tension in Kade's shoulders and face visibly lessens.

"Oh, my sweet unwary man. Follow my voice and take my hand. Let me take you to the promised land. Come swim to me in a forward motion. Lie with me in the arms of the ocean. Let me sing to ye, yer lady of the sea. Show ye the way with me melody." Truly stirs the bibimbap she's making for him.

His eyes close as her sweet song slides over him, allowing a sense of normalcy to return him as his wanderlust finally tames.

Truly moves to the cabinets and pulls down two bowels to put the mixed rice in. "We're sinking with graceful motion. Lying forever in the arms of the ocean. Let me sing to ye, yer lady of the sea. Show ye the way with me melody, so ye can go peacefully."

The stool he's on scuffs the tile floor as he pushes back and stands, warning her that the song's power has taken effect, so it doesn't surprise her when his arms slide around her waist.

Pulling her back into him, Kade's mouth drops to her neck. "Don't stop, Treasure," he mutters between kisses.

Truly moves into another song that sounds like no verbal words to most people, giving in to his request. It seems to do the trick as Kade's body relaxes against hers, and he grows more brazen. "I'm gonna bed you, my pretty siren." He walks them backward and through the great room towards their bedroom, his free hand already sliding within her jeans as they go.

"Dinna will get cold, luv." Truly moans as her eyes flutter, already slipping into a blissful fog from his touch.

"I don't care. All I need is you." As they walk backwards into their bedroom, the smell of salt greets them from the open balcony doors, where the ocean sparkles in the setting sunlight. Kade pays no attention to his mistress, the sea, though his eyes are on the women in his arms.