Uncle Angus Comes Over |Chapter Seventeen|

Two weeks later, Truly carefully balances on the front railing of the porch of their small beach cottage to screw in a hook to hold her Beachwood and shell wind chime

Two weeks later, Truly carefully balances on the front railing of the porch of their small beach cottage to screw in a hook to hold her Beachwood and shell wind chime. She hums to herself, happy to have the last item pulled from the moving boxes after several days of unpacking.

"Oi, hello neighbour!" A tenor voice shouts out, stilling Truly mid twist.

Her head drops, knowing the voice all too well. "Feck me sideways."

A six-foot man appears on the stoney path that conjoins her neighbor's property and leads down to the cove. His dark hair's brushed to the side, and a grin full of mischief's plastered on his face. "Ye've been here for two days, lass, and ye ain't introduced yourself."

"Cause I have standards, and don't associate with ruffians." Truly smirks as she finishes screwing the hook into the front support beam of the deck.

"T'at cuts deep, lass. Real deep." His smile broadens as he arrogantly struts up to the porch and leans against the railing next to her. "Where's t'is husband I keep hearin' about? I feel like yer hidin' him from me."

"I am." She sticks her tongue out at her Uncle Angus. "If he meets ye he'll take off and I'll never see him again." Truly points to the wooden lounge chairs with the wind chime on it. "Hand t'at ta me, would ya?"

Angus leaps over the railing to get it.

"Oh, me stars! Don't do that! Ye'll t'rough yer back out, old man!"

Angus hands the windchime up to her and slaps her leg with his free hand. "Seriously, Tru, where's ta Corpse?"

"Gettin' dinna. We're exhausted, and neitha of us felt like cookin'." Truly reaches out and grabs the shells, making them ping against one another as she hangs it up on the hook. "He should be back any minute. Where's Aunt Liza?"

"Pickin' ta terrors up from cricket practice. She said if I'm goin' ta meet yer lad I betta do it now before hell descends on him."

"Ye tell t'em not ta barge inta the house?" Tru uses her uncle's shoulder to steady herself as she hops down. "Navi knows them, but Petals don't. She'd need ta get ta know t'em really well before it's safe ta come runnin' in unannounced."

"Aye, t'ey know. T'ough, I told t'em not ta come over here unannounced like t'ey're ye cousins. T'ey're ta treat ye like any other neighbor, not t'ere cousin."

Truly nods, knowing that since it's more open that she and Kade are married, she has to be careful around her own family. Her brothers couldn't even help her move. She and Kade had to recruit help from their Psi and Theta Sig brothers and sisters.

"Ye want ta come in for a drink?"

"Oh, aye. Never turn down a drink." Angus walks to the screen door, holding it open for Truly to go in first, and follows, letting it slam behind him. Navi jumps up from the sofa, and comes running up to Angus, happily wiggling his butt. Excited barks fill the house, before Angus leans over and roughly pets the dog, railing him more.