1 | late as usual

MOLLIE DEVLIN was getting ready to go out

MOLLIE DEVLIN was getting ready to go out. Late as usual, she fumbled with her earrings, cursing herself under her breathe as she dealt with the many piercings on each ear from her many spontaneous piercing cravings. Hearing her phone buzz, her eyes lingered from her own image in the mirror to her lit up phone screen. She had ten missed calls — four of which being Cal. Impatient prick she thought to herself, rolling her eyes amused.

Finally picking up her phone from the dresser, she slipped it into her bag and straightened out her short, red dress before rushing out of her flat.

The club they were all meeting at was only a few minutes away from Mollie's flat and so even with the clock ticking even further past their original meeting time, she knew that she'd be able to get herself there quicker than an Uber ever could. Though the heels weren't a great choice for running.

Looking down to her phone as it buzzed once again, Mollie laughed to herself as she saw Talia's message.

talia !
ignore all of cal's calls. he's just mad bcos nobody likes him until you get here xxxx

Mollie sent a quick reply to Talia's message but didn't bother to reply to her other missed calls. She hoped that they would all know her well enough by now to know that she was always late, to everything. She was getting better, in fact, she thought she might not even be the last there tonight. Besides, she'd be there with them in a minute anyway to explain. How was she to know that she wouldn't be able to find the heels that she'd specifically planned to wear?

Mollie's life changed for the better when she moved from Blackpool to London in 2014, when she was seventeen. At the time she had a small following on both youtube and twitch, under the nickname molliemoo. But her career skyrocketed when she came out of her shell and began to collab with other youtubers and creators in London. Having other creators around to motivate her really helped everything kick off for Mollie. So much so that five years later her videos had gotten her seven million subscribers on her channel, something she still didn't believe was real.

But most importantly, she'd made the best friends of her life in London. Mia, (who she already quickly connected to when they found out they were going to the same sixth form) Freya and Talia instantly became the best friends she'd ever had. Notably as well was Calfreezy, who she'd instantly connected with after running into him one day when she was rushing to catch the tube and they'd recognized one another. With the use of his friendly charm and social confidence, Cal had managed to stop her from rushing and they rode the tube together where unknowingly they'd stop off at the same station.

From that one conversation, Cal had decided to shoot his shot and asked her to join him and a few of his mates in a video they were filming the next day. And with a weird wave of confidence coming over her, Mollie had agreed. When she looked back on it, it was like her body knew she needed to be with them, it was one of the best decisions of her life.