27 | headaches and heartaches

FUCK TEQUILA was one of Mollie's initial thoughts the next day

FUCK TEQUILA was one of Mollie's initial thoughts the next day. Why she'd agreed to take tequila shots was completely beyond her. She knew full well how badly they fuck her up the next morning and was now reluctantly dealing with the consequences. Last nights dress was still hanging off her body as she'd shuffled across her apartment to get her hangover medicine that morning and she could only question how she'd manage to leave herself with the worlds worst hangover. In short, she couldn't remember the last time she'd had a hangover as bad as this.

Although, that could easily be a testament to how drunk she'd gotten herself.

That morning, Mollie had taken advantage of feeling like shit and had decided to settle down on the sofa and edit some of her outstanding videos so they were ready to be uploaded. She limply reached over and grabbed the TV remote from the edge of the sofa and switched it on for some background noise.

Gardeners World was on the telly. She smiled, slightly amused as she thought of Harry. This got her thinking. Where was he? Recently he'd been finding any excuse to stay the night at hers, and the fact that she was alone the next day left a sinking feeling in her stomach.

Thinking of Harry, she glanced up at the clock and realized it wouldn't be long until he and Cal would be over to watch the Chelsea game. A smile on her face, she decided to push through with the work she had to do that evening so she'd be able to relax for a few hours with her friends rather than having it on her mind.

Not long later there was a loud knock on the door and Cal and Harry strolled on in to Mollie's flat. Instantly pushing past the pair of them, Cal already had his priorities set straight, "sorry boys, desperately need a piss." He shouted down the hall, leaving Harry and Mollie alone together.

Beckoning him in, Mollie noticed that he seemed nervous. He'd let out a few shaky breaths and looked to her as though he was constantly planning his next move. Behind the nerves, he had a flicker of hope in his eyes as he followed her to the sofa, watching her carefully as she complained about how shit she felt. He could watch her as she talked all day long. She was mesmerizing to him. And there was the nagging voice in his head telling him that he was only a conversation away from her.

"So, what did you end up doing last night?" Mollie plucked up the courage to ask him curiously a while into their conversation. She looked down at her lap and licked her lips, finishing more quietly, "was kinda hoping you'd stay round here again."

Harry felt a wave of his nerves wash away. Although it made him wish that he had stayed round hers. Maybe his night would've ended even better than he already thought it had gone, "had to get Lux home. Weak donny can't handle his shots like I can."

Raising an eyebrow, Mollie forced a smile into her face, "what about that lass? The one you were talking to all night? Didn't you go home with her?"

Feeling his heart drop, Harry furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. What the fuck was she on about? He thought to himself, before vocalizing these thoughts slightly differently, "Danielle? The blondie?"