30 | well it was certainly harder to forget

LOUD BIRDSONG WOKE MOLLIE UP THE NEXT DAY to rain falling down against her bedroom window, watering her plants outside

LOUD BIRDSONG WOKE MOLLIE UP THE NEXT DAY to rain falling down against her bedroom window, watering her plants outside. Lifting her head up the bare minimum, she looked up at her clock on her bedside table and quickly glanced at the messages on her phone.

Sighing contentedly, she turned back and cuddled straight back into Harry's chest, pulling the duvet closer and tangling her legs tighter into his. Closing her eyes once again, she listened to his loud, steady breaths and felt the calming rise and fall of his bare chest beneath her. She was back in his tshirt, although now she was in the one he was wearing last night that he'd chucked her as they finally went to bed.

Obviously there was more to be addressed but for now, Mollie felt a huge weight being lifted off her shoulders with some talk about feelings being put on the table. Harry had basically told her that he felt the same way and Mollie was both delighted and confused.

Like the devil and angel on her shoulders, half of Mollie was ecstatic and just the slightest reassurance from Harry. With him telling her the kiss had meant something to him too and the gentle and genuine way he'd kissed her and treated her that night only making her fall harder and harder.

However, the devil, otherwise known as Mollie's goddamn insecurities, was still there in the back of her mind, tugging on her heartstrings and telling her it was all some stupid joke. Why would Harry like her? Why would he choose her over some of the other girls he'd liked or who have liked him? Why her?

She tried her best to ignore it, softly tracing patterns onto his chest and thinking about other simple things, like what she fancied for dinner that night or an upcoming video she had planned or the fact she really fancied a cup of tea.

Not long later, she felt Harry stir beneath her, stretching the arm that wasn't tightly wrapped around her up to rub his eyes and mess with his hair.

Glancing up slightly, Mollie gave him a smile, "morning."

"Morning love." He mumbled in his morning voice, holding her tighter towards him, "how long have you been awake?"

"Not long." Mollie assured him, "it's nice and warm here." Harry hummed in agreement, absentmindedly running his hand through her hair, "fancy a cup of tea?"

"I'd bloody love one." Harry grinned at her, frowning to himself as Mollie wriggled out from under his arm and went off to make a cup of tea.

Sitting up slightly, he watched as Mollie perched herself on the end of the bed for a moment and put some moisturizer on her face, inspecting the marks he'd left on her neck and collarbone, beneath her shirt. Harry felt an affectionate smile come to his face as he gazed at her, he honestly thought she was so beautiful. The stillness between them only made the knots in his stomach tighten. He wished that she could see herself through his eyes. She'd see the image of beauty.

Eventually getting out of bed, Harry didn't have to search long until he found his sweatshirt thrown on the floor somewhere between the hallway and Mollie's bedroom with a selection of their clothes that they'd thrown across her apartment. Picking it up, he threw it over his head and came up behind her as she was just finishing up the tea, wrapping his arms around her waist and nuzzling his head into her neck, the stubble he was growing tickling her as he planting a few kisses to the side of her neck, on top of the hickey that he'd proudly left there the night before.