26 | a stupid, stupid little crush

BARGING INTO THE BATHROOM DOOR, Freya, Talia, Mia and Mollie escaped from the club dance floor for a few minutes of girl time

BARGING INTO THE BATHROOM DOOR, Freya, Talia, Mia and Mollie escaped from the club dance floor for a few minutes of girl time. As the door shut behind them the music was muffled slightly and Mollie almost instinctively hopped up to sit on top of the sink, letting a less drunk Talia touch up her makeup for her.

Drink in hand, Mollie fiddled with the straw, drunkenly pulling it towards her lips and sipping at her drink whilst Talia's attention was on her own makeup. She looked blankly around the bathroom, observing the people in it. She'd always found the nature of girls bathrooms a weirdly interesting place, it had a comforting aura, in the right company of course.

You could meet a girl you'd only met once before and click just like that, bonding over some useless gossip of the night or the way the colour of someone's outfit matched their eye make up or hair colour just perfectly or in the act of comforting a teary girl who'd had her heart broken by some stupid boy.

But as soon as the bathroom door would close again, the likelihood of ever crossing paths again was small. Especially in somewhere like London.

And the odds of remembering each other after crazy nights out was even smaller.

The four girls were taking up most of the room round the sinks as other than them, the bathroom was quieter than usual. There was another group of a few girls stood in the corner, huddling together round one girl's phone and squealing excitedly, hugging her with proud smiles on their lips. And there was another girl who had settled besides where Mollie had pushed herself up onto the counter, she fixed the red lipstick that was smudged across her bottom lip and smoothed down her slightly disheveled hair before swiftly leaving again, clearly in a rush to return to the dance floor before she missed too much.

Whilst she let Talia fiddle with her hair and makeup, Mollie waited for Freya to finish what she was saying before asking a question of her own, "has anyone seen Harry tonight? I've barely seen him all night."

A devious grin appearing on her lips, Talia's eyes glimmered as she stepped back from putting a small plait in Mollie's hair, "missing him are ya?"

"No." Mollie mumbled defensively, furrowing her eyebrows, "just wondered where he was is all."

Freya raised an eyebrow, folding her arms over her chest, "to answer your question Mollie, nope, we haven't seen him. Didn't he come with you? He usually does recently."

Mollie shook her hair in response, taking a sip of her drink, "I came later. Told him to go ahead with the Cals."

"Course you did." Freya chuckled.

"So what if you can't find Mr Wroetoshaw? We're more fun, right?" Mia spoke up, loudly, hopping up onto the counter besides Mollie and giving her arm a nudge. As Freya and Talia burst out into loud cheers, Mollie laughed along before joining in, leaning her head on Mia's shoulder for a moment.