7 | the girls always know

BRITISH WEATHER WAS TYPICAL

BRITISH WEATHER WAS TYPICAL. The second September came along, the rain seemed to come flooding in. Quite literally. Whether it was full days of pouring rain or a five minute shower that was to happen, typically, just as you wanted to leave the house, you could tell that Summer had left them for another year. All anyone could hope for now was for September to change its mind and bring along some of those pleasantly surprising September days of sweet sunshine and a slight heat that had everyone rushing to take it all in for as long as they could with barbecues and paddling pools and water fights until another shower came along to put a dampening on the fun.

Today, was not one of those sunny September days. It was rainy as can be. But this didn't put the dampening on the girls spirits and as Freya had suggested previously at the pub, the girls had organised a girls day and had decided to meet at their local cafe for drinks before going off for a bit of shopping. True to form, Mollie was only just arriving as Freya, Talia, Mia and Gee stood outside the cafe, huddled underneath the umbrella waiting for her.

Knowing she was as late as normal, Mollie threw them all an apologetic smile, "I'm so sorry, the rain fucked me over. The tube was so busy and I missed it by like a minute and had to wait for the next one."

Putting a hand on her shoulder, Talia was quick to reassure her, raising her eyebrow out of amusement and smiling back at her, "chill out, we're just happy to see you."

"And hungry as fuck." Freya added on, leading them into the cafe, "i fancy some cake." Pointing right at Mollie, she threw her a knowing look, "and I know you do too."

Agreeing with a toothy grin, Mollie put her coat on the back of her chair as she nodded, sitting down besides Mia, "I really do need some cake you know."

Soon enough, the orders had been taken, with Mollie ordering a latte and a slice of lemon cake and the other three girls ordering their respective items. From this, chat between them grew as naturally as it always did when the girls would meet up for a coffee, which they did quite a lot, but it never seemed to get old or boring. For five girls who spoke so frequently to one another, they always had something to say or talk about when they saw each other for a catch up coffee.

With the basic chat of how their weeks had been and plans for the week ahead of them over with, Freya sat forward in her seat with her mug in her hands, meeting eyes with Mia, Gee and Talia before locking them with Mollie. Catching sight of her three friends staring her down, Mollie gave them an awkward smile and sipped on her coffee, unsure where to look.

"So... did you get Luke his key the other night?" Freya asked in a challenging tone that made Mollie take a shaky breath.

Scratching the top of her head, Mollie gave her head a small nod in return, feeling incredibly embarrassed about what had really happened, even around four of the people she was probably most comfortable with in London, "yep. Easy peasy. All sorted." She covered, sipping her coffee.