Chapter 5

Y/N POV

I started on my left position in the backrow and took a deep breath. We decided that we would strat with serving in the first set and they with serving in the second.

So Miyako made his serve. It was a jump serve. It wasn't that strong and stuff, but very percisly. Not bad but it's still able to be done better.

The other teams libero received it with a very few problems but nor much. After that their setter set the ball to one of the wingspiker but Akina and Shibata blocked the ball down. It hit the floor on their side of the net.

And Miyako made another serve. But this time it was recieved by the libero more controlled, so the setter could play the ball to one of their wingspiker or middleblocker because both started. The wingspiker for a attack in second tempo and the middle blocker for a first tempoed attack. 

The ball went to the middleblocker and Akina went to block and made a one touch. I ran upfront in order to make a set and Akakura received the ball perfectl to my position. Then i analyzed everything happening. 

Akina was getting ready for a quickattack, Shibata was there to make an attack in second tempo and Ryuu was ready and could be set to in any moment. The opponent had their block at my place around. Their were with two people right on the other side from me and a little on my left and one was a little further away on my right. 

So Akina would be to dangerous because she could be easily blocked because she was near me. Ryuu could be easily blocked aswell and if i get Shibata to come faster to the ball...

I had exactly the idea of the set in my head and my fingers moved on it's own. I made a set, which was flying very fast but it would stop right at the top of Shibata's hit for a little. Seeing the quick set, Shibata reacted quickly and was fast to hit the ball. It hit the ground on the opponents side of the net perfectly.

We came together and shortly gratulated us for the point. Shibata looked at me with a questioning look and i said to him "If i wouldn't have set the ball like that, you would have been blocked." But i made sure, even if he wouldn't have noticed that the set came quick, he would have hit the ball. But then just surely against a block. He just nodded and left it like that.

Miyako set the ball again and it didn't went over the net. He apolpgized but i just saied it was fine and with that the game continued.

Y/N'S Team : Opponent

2 : 1

5 : 2

7 : 2

9 : 4

13 : 7

15 : 8

18 : 10

20 : 11

22 : 14

24 : 15

I looked at the score. The set was as good as ours but we couldn't stop our concentration now. Than we would still lose. And everybody on this team knew that. The positions were the same as at the start of the game.

We just scored the last point, so we Miyako served. It went over and the other team attacked with a quick. But they reacted so fast, that Akina only managed to do a one touch. She yelled it out but the ball was flying out of the field. 

But i won't give up a single ball! Not if i knew, i could have fought to get it!

So i started sprinting after it and jumped. I stretched myself as far as i could and with my right arm i managed to get under the ball and bring it back into the field. It was flying very high but i could see, that it still went near, where the setter would be.

I stood up while watching as Akakura went to set the ball. Thank god, he can do something like that. But then  i had the sudden urge to call for the ball myself. 

So i sprinted to the right side and did exactly that. I called for the ball. Akakura set it to me, it wasn't the best set, but i saw worse, and I analyzed the block infront of me. ANd i ound and opening.

I hit the ball right through the opening and watched as it hit the ground while landing. With that it stood 25 : 15 and we had one our first set.

The same went on in the second set. We won 25 : 13 it aswell.

Afterwards, i wasn't even that exhausted physically but mentally. I needed to analyze not just and opponent team which showed no repeats in certin situation due to being completly new and never playing with each other, no. I also needed to alayze my own team which was completly new to me. And that was really exhausting.

I got myself one of my waterbottles and met up with Hoshi. She looked really exhausted. 

"Hey, how was it?" I asked. She laughed exhausted and said 

"We won both matches with 25 : 21 and 25 : 23. But some people on my teams are real assholes. A wingspiker and a middle blocker seem to think that they stand aboth it all and womans are even deeper under them than everybody else. But the setter and libera are really nice. And pretty good. The setter is really good at, well, setting and the libera, yes, it's a girl, has really talent when it comes to receiving blocked balls or in generell spikes from the other team. But some typ of serves are really difficult for her."

i chuckled at her very discription and told her a little about my team and how we played. About 5 minutes later we were called together so we could find out who we would play against next. We should be together in our teams and so Hoshi and my ways separated again. I made my way to my teammates and we waited for the coaches to name the next games.

Oh shit.

I knew they weren't unbeatable but still with so less much team experience it would be difficult. I knew we would be up against them at some point today, but i hoped not that soon, so we could get used to each other first a little bit more.  But it seemed as fate was thinking diffrent.

You might wonder who we are up against?

The Shiratorizawa boy's volleyball club.

------------------------------------------

Hey!

So i hope you liked todays chapter.

I just wanted to say that some things can be diffrent to the manga and probably will be.

See you soon i hope.

Your A/N