Chapter 40

Oikawa POV

(A/N: Something new. Don't mind me. Hope you like the POV swap for a little.)

Today was the day we would play against Shiratorizawa.

I was excited to say the least.

Me and my team were warming up in the Gym. Shiratorizawa seemed to be late but at the same time i had the feeling as if they aren't.

I tryed to get videos of the games of them but no way. I tryed everything but i got nothing.

So i pretty much just accepted it even though i didn't like it.

At some point, the team of Shiratorizawa came in but i didn't really payed them a lot of attention. I focused on myself and the upcoming game.

We met with the coach for the last time and while i walked on the court, my team behind me, i said "I trust all of you."

"We know" the responted unisono. Even though it didn't sound like it, i knew that it helped them to calm down.

I heared the other team yell "Shiratorizawa fight" and all that but why do they have to be so loud?

We got into positions and i walked to the middle of the court, where i met with Ushijima.

"This time, i am going to win." I spat into his face.

"I don't think so." Ushijima responded completly blankly which just made me even more furious.

It was decided that they would start with serving.

We got into position, when Kindachi said "Wait is that really a girl going to serve. Is that even allowed? I mean them playing on a boys team?"

I turned my full attention to the server while sayin "Wait what?"

I saw a girl standing a few steps behind the line, volleyball in her hands. I didn't recognice her from anywhere.

I turned to the referee. "Since when are girls allowed on a boys volleyball team?"

"That are some fomulars that are signed and some other stuff but nothing really much." was the anywere i got but not from the referee but from the girl. And then i recoginzed every part of her.

It was...

"Y/N.." My voice was just barely above a whisper.

"The one and only." She said while smirking.

Then the whistle blow.

She made a jump serve. So fast and percisely that not even i could react.

The hole Gym was silent, before the fanclub from Shiratorizawa started celebrating and sheering on her.

What the actual fuck just happened

I looked completly shocked between her and the spot where the ball hit the ground and even left a mark in the wood, being completly speechless.

On Y/N's face was quite a smile.

So that was what she was talking about yesterday...

This will be harder than i thought.

The game went on.

We lost the first set 25:13 but actualy managed to land some of our attacks.

In the break i cheered my team on and reassured them that we are strong and that it is okay for them to make mistakes and stuff like that yk.

And so the game went on.

It stood 13:4 for Shiratorizawa when i set the ball to Iwa-chan but a block formed infront of him.

First only out of Y/N and another person, but the guy from the other side joined aswell, running and jumping into the block.

Y/N completly lost her balance and she landed uncontolled.

For a split second, there was pain showing in her eyes but it was gone as fast as it came.

She stood up as if nothing happened and kept on going just the way she did before so i thought i imagened it.

Oh boy, how wrong i was.

It was the matchpoint for Shiratorizawa.

The ball went to Ushijima and we tried our best but we couldn't stop the ball from hitting the ground.

So Shiratorizawa won 25:10.

The moment i heared the whistly blow, i saw Y/N braeking together on the court. Pain was whowing in her face and especially eyes while she was screaming with tears running down her face.

I was completly paralyzed.

When did she got hurt?

While that one block?

Why did she keep on playing?

How?

Why?

When?

So many questions were running through my brain, while my eyes were on Y/N my body still in shock.

The team of Shiratorizawa formed a circle around her. Ushijima picked her up bridal style and carried her out of the Gym, half running half jogging, careful not to injure her more.

What just happened?

Keishin Ukai POV

(A/N: Another change in the POV.)

I just arrived short before the game began.

What game? 

The final from Shiratorizawa against Seijoh.

I heared out of rumours that in Shiratorizawa is a girl supposed to play on the team as their usual setter known under the name 'Empress of the court'.

I wanted to check that out.

And i found out: It was the truth.

Not just a girl playing as the regular player in the position of the setter, no, also the name. She earned it.

I was only watching the game, but it felt like she wasn't just controling the movements of her own team but also of the opponent.

It was scary as hell.

Not even Seijoh was able to keep up with that team.

If we ever stand against them, and i am sure as hell we will if we want to go to nationals, it will be a lot to deal with and definetly eveything but and easy opponent.

I mean, nobody is an 'easy' opponent. The moment you think like that, you will lose.

The game went on, Shiratorizawa winning the first set easily and continuing in their second, where they ended in the first.

There was a little block accident but it didn't seem to be more important.

Turned out, it was.

In the end, the setter, who also got hurt during that accident, broke together on the court, screaming in pain.

I slowly left the grandstand i was on.

If we are up against this team, that will be a hell of a fight.

And before we could challange that team, we need a more training and experiences.

A lot more training and experiences.

--------------------------------------------------

Hey!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

It isn't as long as the other ones but it is a chapter.

Have a nice day/night!

Your A/N