Chapter 51

Y/N POV

Toshi turned around to me looking quite shocked. 

Then, his face turned to his usual monoton expression and he said "Guess so."

I shuckled while we both walked inside of the Gym, where the others already started with the warm-up. We joined them and got ready for the game.

After a few quick insctructions of the referee, we started the game.

And being completly honest: Playing against a college team is a lot harder than a usual team. They have way more advaced skills and more practice in stuff like receives or serves as well as attack formations i have never seen before. And that just because they are older.

But we kept our fight up. We never once gave in into their try to force us to play fast just by the pressure of their quick combinations. 

And we had our own tricks up our sleeves. 

We fought for every single point and after two sets, we had won 25:21 and 25:18. 

And we decided to play another match. Because this was a training match. We were finally able to see how some of our tricks do against other teams, how plays could work best in real situations, In what situation you need o play what set, who do you need to play it to. Stuff like that.

And just during these two matches we learned a lot. 

We found out what we needed to train, what is going very smoothly, what combinations can be added to the training programm or even the hole game play. 

It was tons of informations.

I also wanted to try some of the moves of the college team and what they had tryed to use on us on which they actually succeded sometimes.

In the second match we played another two sets and won 25:20 and 25:19.

It was overall a really great day and we learned a lot and that is what was important. 

So we said our good bye's to the team and thanked them for coming. You know, just the usual.

After, we grabbed our stuff and cleaned the last bits of the Gym's out and then headed to our dorms.

On our way back, me and Tendo talked kinda like all the time over the game and the moves we did and the opponent team did, yeah, stuff like that. But Toshi stayed rather quiet, which wasn't really unusual for him. He stayed quiet most of the time, when we were with other people. 

And he also seemed quite exhausted. I mean, i did make him jump a lot today, mainly because i was one of the people who wanted another match.

But anyways.

Toshi told Tendo when we were close to their dorm house, that Tendo could go already to their dorm and shower while he brings me to my dorm.

Tendo left and Toshi walked with me to my dorm house.

"You did really great today, Toshi" I said while we were walking.

"Yeah, you too." He said, still monoton.

"Quick question: How did you meet my brother?" I asked. The questions had been in my mind the hole day but i didn't want to say it till now. Because there were to many people around.

"Well, funny story." He said, his voice finally getting a little more emotional and not so monoton. "I was running back to campus after you left, when i came trough that little village. And there they stood by a crossing, looking kinda lost. They were talking about me being in Shiratorizawa and that the school isn't far from where they were.