Chapter 38

Y/N POV

When we walked into the Gym again, there were quite a lot of people in the halls.

It did shock me. I mean: this aren't the most important finals, they are just deciding over some places in the next trounament, which is the most important one after the nationals. 

But okay.

We went into a Gym nearby the one, we will actually play in.

We started with making serves and receives and then moved on to attacking.

It was the normal.

Short before the game would start, we went to the actual Gym.

We entered all together in a v-shape, Toshi at the top, me on his right side and Tendo on his left. The rest team was behind us.

We were met with the crowed with the Shiratorizawa uniform welcoming us.

A little smile cracked opon my lips, when i saw that quite a few people at Seijoh were completly out of it and just a bundle of nerves.

Well, that worked better than expected.

We met around the coach, who gave us some final instructions.

Before he dismissed us, i raised my hand.

"Yeah, Y/N?" He asked.

"Can i say something?" I asked.

"The floor is all yours." He said, while sitting down on the bench behind him next to our second coach.

I stepped out of the circle in which the team was standing. Only a little not to much, so i didn't stand in the center.

"So i know that Seijoh is a strong team with a strong setter and captain. But also everyone in the team is strong. We can't underestimate them.

But we have our own strong team. A team that works perfect together. We have shown it the past few days. 

We are strong.

If your attack maybe was blocked, we have an amazing libero, who can pick up nearly every ball. But also everybody else is able to receive quite good. And even if that wasn't the best, i will always find a way to set the ball.

And even if in that moment, you don't get the set, i promise, i will set to you again and you won't be switched out just because you messed up like one attack. As long as you stand up again, leanr out of your mistake and do it better the next time, i don't see a problem in it.

So, don't worry and do your best.

Even if we lose points, just remeber: We still have a lot to learn, so don't worry to much. We will get everything settled but right now, focus on te'he thing infront of you and that is this game.

Understood?"

Everybody said "Yes."

I stretched my right hand out infront of me in a fist.

Everybody else joined.

Me and Toshi yelled at the same time "Shiratorizawa."

And the rest of the team joint us for the "Fight!"

We then took off our jackets, which we were still wearing.

While i put mine away, Toshi and Tendo standing next to me, Tendo said to me "Hey, Y/N. Why aren't you our captain, when you already make this speeches and also control everything on the court?"

"Well, it would probably be a little bit to much for everyone to take in a female setter on a boys volleyball team who is bettre thn anyone else on her area and is the captain of the team, you know? And i also don't have such a calm head as Toshi."

I left a stunned Tendo and went over to the side of the court with Toshi.

Seijoh's players were all on the court but still in a cricle talking with each other.

"Guess, this is it. The final." I said to him.

"Yeah. But no matter how this will go out, i will stay on the team." Toshi said.

"You better." I said, punching him lightly and when all of the other where there aswell, we made one final circle on the court. Just the one that were playing in the moment.

"We are strong, never forget that. No matter what tricks they try to play, don't let them. We are a team. We all have each others back, so do your best! Mistakes happen but as long as you get up and learn out of them, i don't see a problem in it. Understood?"

"Yes!"

We went into our usual possitions. It seems to work really well.

Front left: Wakatoshi Ushijima

Front middle: Satori Tendo

Front right: Reon Ohira

Back left: Tsutomu Goshiki

Back middle: Hayato Yamagata

Bach right: Y/N Kageyama

Middle blocker who comes in for the libero: Taichi Kawanishi

The captains met in the middle and it was decided that we would get ther first serve.

"Wait is that really a girl going to serve. Is that even allowed? I mean them playing on a boys team?" One of the player of Seijoh asked. He looked like an onion.

"Wait what?"

Oikawa, who just said that, turned around to me. I stod some feet away from the line, ready to do a jump serve, the ball already in my hands.

"Since when are girls allowed on a boys volleyball team?" Oikawa asked. It seemed as if he didn't recognize me really.

"That are some fomulars that are signed and some other stuff but nothing really much." I said, with a winning smile on my face, enjoying the shocked face, Oikawa had put on when he recognized me. Iwaizumi's face didn't really looked any better.

"Y/N..." Oikawa said.

"The one and only." I said while smirking. 

Then the whistle blow.

I threw the ball up perfectly, running, jumping and looking for the place to hit.

There.

Right in a tiny hole in the defense.

I hit the ball so it was fast and hard, but not my best. 

Why should i show them my best, when this is already startling enough for them.

The ball hit it's target, the floor, on the spot i wanted it to. In the spot was even the wood a little cracked.

I smiled to myself.

The hole Gym was silent, before the fanclub from Shiratorizawa started celebrating me.

Oikawa looked completly shocked between me and the spot, speechless.

I smiled even more.

Toshi came over, giving me the ball.

"Nice serve. Give us a nother one."

If it was even possible, i smiled more, grabbed the volleyball out of his hands while saing "For sure."

I went back into my old position, getting ready to serve again.

After serving for the thrid time in this game, we were leading 3:0.

And Seijoh called for their first time out.

I smiled like the devil himself.

We managed to get a crack into Seijoh. Not bad.

Let's see how deep we can get it in.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for over 4,4k reads.

Have a nice day/night!

Your A/N