Chapter 27

Y/N POV

Training went by without much bigger events. For now. Well, we only finished the exersice, so nothing big was happening.

I got more comfortable doing the quick with Tendo, but i also set normal sets, well for other people not quite normal, and also with the other middle blocker tried some things out, especially diffrent ways to attack like delay attacks or so.

I also gave the block some tips and noted to myself, that we neeeded to train sprinting and jumping. A LOT. I had the feeling even a slug would be able to block faster and jump higher.

So everything was quit okay right now.

But then we went onto receiving.

We were supposed to go in groups of two and just play the ball between us for now to get the feeling.

Wakatoshi and i decided to do it together. He was pretty good at receiving, well the easy receiving we were doing thight now, which wasn't really shocking me because he was the ace and he has to be able to play everywhere. Front and back row.

But even when i turned and looked at Tendo, he wasn't too bad at it. Some details could be done better but mainly he was able to do it.

I looked around and noticed that some of the first years did have problems. Not big ones for sure but they were there.

 But i was to lazy to fix them and i also didn't had to. 

The coach was walking around and helped them out and giving tips to them.

After a while, we were supposed to do it like that: One of the person were spiking the ball and the other receiving up high back to the patner, so they can spike again. 

Easy to understand and easy to do.

Or so i thought.

Me and Wakatoshi didn't even start, when i saw the first big mistake in one of the first years movements.

So i called him.

"Hey you!"

He turned to me confused.

"Me?"

"Yes, you!"

He flinched at my hard tone.

I took a deep breath and stared him down.

"What do you think you are doing? Do you think the ball is coming at the right place again right afterwards, so you can just stay there?"

I got no respond.

"Let me tell you: IT IS NOT LIKE THAT! Unless you are playing against a really stupid team, but i don't think that will ever happen!"

I started him down further in the ground.

"So what you do is: You receive the ball and immediatly stand back up on your feets again, focusing and being ready to receive the next one and also go to where it will be, understood?"

He nodded scared.

I knew, he understood, what i ment, but i wasn't quite sure, if he was imagening himself something on how to do it.

So i just sighed and said: "Watch me."

I turned to Wakatoshi and motioned him to play the ball to me.

He threw the ball up in the air and spiked it down. It was further on the left.

 I jumed there and received it easily, but the next second, before the ball was even half way on the other side again, i was standing back on my feets, watching the ball. 

It went to the right, so i also jumped there and did the same.

I then turned around to the first year, while Wakatoshi catched the ball, noticing my movements.

"Do you understand now? You need to get back on your feets as soon as possible so you can continue, okay? Otherwise will you be an easy target in an actual match"

He nodded and turned back to his patner.

They did the same as me and Wakatoshi did before. The first year got back on his feets, not that fast and smoothly like me, but he got back on his feets and was standing, ready to receive again.

"Just like that. That didn't look so bad."

I turned back around to Wakatoshi and also we continued our training. I told him to not be gentel with me, and that's what he did.

He spiked the ball left, right, further back, up front, everywhere. He also switched on how fast he was spiking the ball and stuff. Let's just say: I was running all the time.

At some point, our coach told us to switch and tha's what we did.

I didn't show mercy on Wakatoshi either. He ran and ran and i didn't let him have a pause. But to be fair, he was quite good and the stuff he was doing.

When we were done, we were allowed to take a break. Wakatoshi and i were both sweating really much and a managering handed us a water bottle and a towel.

We were watching some of the others while training and i gave them tips here and there.

Well, not really tips but more like things, that need to be done, or else i will yell them into next week.

When the training came further to the end, our coach made the experiment and put us into 4 groups. 2 groups with 3 and 2 groups with 4 people. We then were supposed to play matches against everyone at least once.

I was on a team with Shibata and Sagae, both wing spiker, and we didn't do to bad.

Well, we won every game because no matter what, i would always pull them with me.

Maybe their receives weren't that great, but we are a team in a match. In this moment, i can not yell at them for it. In normal training, yes, but not right now. It wouldn't do any good anyways.

And that is actully one of the main points of being a setter, which most people forget, is being able to do the best out of every situation.

It's not just ALL about just setting the ball and controling what is happening on the field, no. It's a lot more.

When the receive goes not completly right, you still need to do the best out of it, because that is what is keeping the hole team alive.

If the spiker isn't right there, where you thought, you need to adapt, so you won't die.

So you won't lose.

And that is what i am doing, keeping my team from loseing, from dying. Keeping them alive.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hey!

I hope you enjoyed it.

Thank you for over 1.5k reads!!!

Have a nice day/night!

Your A/N