Nothing

Author's note: A little bit of mature content here, which I think some of you might enjoy. But if that's not your thing, skip this one.

Elle

I told Lee the news as soon as I found out. I couldn't keep it from him. Of course he was sad, we both cried and hugged each other for a really long time.

"But what am I going to do without you, Elle?"

"It'll be okay Lee, I promise."

I'd told him that I didn't want to tell anyone this weekend. I didn't want to take the shine off our epic birthday, didn't want to turn it into a big goodbye to everyone. I just wanted us to have fun with all our friends, to have the best birthday ever. He'd reluctantly agreed, but I had the feeling that was why he'd had far too much to drink that night. Luckily Ashton and Mila dragged his drunk ass up to his room before he could spill the beans.

I'd wanted to tell Noah though, and nearly started to a bunch of times before chickening out. Really, I just wanted to enjoy the comfort and ease we seemed to have finally found with each other. I'd missed our banter and just talking to him. He was genuinely fun to be around. I knew it couldn't last, but selfishly I just wanted to hold onto this a little bit longer.

Stupidly, I hadn't anticipated just how strong the chemistry still was between the two of us. We'd rarely been face to face over the last few years and when we had there'd mostly been other people around, usually our families. But standing at the fountain, feeling the warmth of his body against my arm, I couldn't help but want him. It felt like we had unfinished business and I didn't know if we'd have the chance again.

I talked myself in and out of making a move all the way back to the hotel. In the elevator the tension was so thick it was almost suffocating. But all too soon we were in the hallway and he was kissing me goodnight. I could've just turned my head, let his kiss land on my lips instead of my cheek, but I couldn't think fast enough. Having Noah that close was.... distracting.

I closed the door and leant back against it, agonising. I took off my shoes and the feel of the soft carpet under my feet was a relief. I looked at myself in the mirror and after a moment said to my reflection, "Come on Rochelle, it's now or never."

There was barely time for a breath after knocking on his door and he was standing there, shirt slightly open, hair a bit dishevelled, utterly delicious. When he pulled me through the doorway, answering yes to my question, I stopped thinking. I kissed him and he kissed me back with everything he had. He picked me up, I wrapped my legs around him and he walked us back towards the bed.

Noah sat down, me straddling his lap, our mouths still locked together. He broke away to kiss down my neck and I leaned back to give him better access, sighing. That movement pushed our groins closer and I could feel how excited he was. That made me bolder and I began unbuttoning his shirt further, hands roaming inside to touch his smooth, muscled chest. He moaned then and the sound thrilled me to my core. I undid the button of his pants and freed his shirt. He helped me take it off and I ran my hands all over his shoulders and back. He leaned forward and started unzipping the back of my dress, pulling it down towards my hips.

I was now naked to my waist, and his eyes drank me in, hands wandering over me, skimming over my breasts down to my ribs. He stood me up and slid the dress slowly down over my hips to pool on the floor. His mouth followed the path his hands had taken, kissing down to my waist and across my stomach, kneeling as he did so. He ran his hands up the back of my thighs, up to my hips, his face pressed lightly against my stomach.

I looked down at him, running my fingers through his hair, tugging it slightly. He groaned and I gasped as I felt the vibrations all through my body. He lifted his chin, eyes looking upwards into mine. Noah smiled that secret sexy smile that was just his and hooked his thumbs through the waistband of my panties, pulling them down my legs. I stepped out of them and he stood, turning me as if to go back towards the bed.

"Wait," I protested. "You're still wearing too many clothes."

He smirked at me. "Well by all means, feel free to remedy the situation."

My hands were at his waist already, so it wasn't far to his pants zipper, which I eased down slowly. I put my hands inside the waistband of his boxers and I heard his breath hitch as I pulled them and his pants off together, down those long legs to his feet. I was kneeling in front of him now, staring up at the glorious sight that was naked Noah Flynn.

"Jesus Shelly, stop looking at me like that or I'm going to lose my mind."

It was my turn to smirk, but I stood up, letting my body graze over the length of him as I did so. His arms were around me and I was on my back on the bed before I knew what was happening. Noah was braced on his elbows and knees, hovering over me. He looked deep into my eyes and kissed me fiercely, before trailing kisses down my body, over my breasts, down my stomach. His hands pushed my knees up and when his mouth found my most intimate spot, I gave up on coherent thought altogether.

The first thing I saw when I woke was his muscular shoulders and back. I let my eyes glide languidly down his naked form to where the sheet draped loosely over his hips. Noah Flynn had always been stupid hot, but 16 year old me would have passed out if she'd seen this version of him back then. Then again, if 18 year old Noah had done the things to her that this version had done to me last night, she would have had a heart attack.

I'd nearly died and gone to heaven myself. Several times.

We craved each other and so we had revelled in one another.

A part of me wanted to reach over and trace my fingers down his back, to slide my hand around his waist to rest on those rock hard abs of his, but I couldn't. Noah was snoring quietly, clearly sound asleep. I let myself smirk a little bit about that. Yeah, he'd had quite the workout last night, and most of the early hours of this morning.

I slipped out of bed and put on one of the hotel bathrobes and matching slippers. I wrote a quick note and left it on the bedside table, drinking in the sight of him one last time before I left.

I wasn't sure what Noah would want after last night, if he'd want anything at all. But I knew we couldn't be anything, not now, not like this. We couldn't be everything to each other, so we had to be nothing.