Complete

Elle

I glance at my phone as I get out of the shower. Oh crap, I am running sooo late right now. Noah is going to be here in like 15 minutes. Thank god I didn't have to wash my hair because at least now I don't have to dry it. I throw on a dark pair of jeans and a blue top I know goes with my eyes and zip up my boots. I've just started my makeup when I hear the buzzer for the door.

"Hey Steph?!" I call out. "That's probably Noah, can you buzz him up and answer the door? And stall him? Please!"

I hear her laugh before she answers, "No problem, I got you."

I'm applying mascara when I hear the sound of his voice float in from the living room. My stomach clenches a little in anticipation of seeing him again. Why am I so nervous? Because this is the first time I've seen him since officially becoming his girlfriend again, that's why. How do I even greet him? Ugh! I force myself to breathe deeply and calm down, then swipe on some lipstick. That will have to do.

Noah looks possibly even more gorgeous than I remember, wearing jeans and a blue dress shirt under his leather jacket. I pause just to look at him while he's chatting to Steph. I only get a moment though, because he notices me and turns in my direction. He gives me that smile that shows his dimples and closes the distance between us.

"Hey Shelly, you look beautiful." He bends down to kiss me softly, and when he pulls back, I have to stifle a laugh. Steph is making swooning faces behind him with the back of her hand across her forehead.

"Well hi yourself."

"You ready to go?" he asks, taking my hand.

"Yeah, I'm good. Bye Steph." I give her a look as we head towards the door.

"Nice meeting you Steph, see you again soon." Noah gives her a bright smile and I know he's already won her over.

"Have fun you two," she says sweetly. I grab my jacket off the hook and turn to roll my eyes at her as I close the door.

Noah keeps a hold of my hand in the elevator, rubbing his thumb on the back of my hand. I glance up at him and he's already looking down at me.

"What?" I giggle.

"Nothing, I just missed seeing you."

"It's only been like a week and a half, and we've talked everyday."

"I know, but I missed seeing you, Elle."

The way he's looking at me makes me smile and melts my heart at the same time.

The doors open then as we arrive at ground level and we walk out to where Noah's bike is parked. The nostalgia value of this moment is high and stupidly I find myself tearing up a bit as I put on my helmet. I fumble a little with the clasp and Noah notices, his hands appearing at my chin. He clips the buckle and lifts my face gently to look at him, the look on his face growing concerned.

"Shell, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Just...a lot of memories, you know?"

His expression changes from concerned to sad. "And not all of them good?"

"I guess. But I'm fine, really. Just got a little overwhelmed there for a moment. I'm good."

He says nothing, just pulls me close for a hug. The warmth of him and his scent are soothing and I do feel better. We stand there quietly for a minute and then my stomach growls, loud enough for us both to hear it. I hear and feel Noah's chuckle.

"I guess we should get going, huh?" He smirks at me as I pull away from him.

I stick my tongue out in response and climb on the bike after him. We take off and the rush of the wind on my face, combined with the solid feeling of Noah under my hands is enough to chase the last of the ghosts away.