Action in the Palace

It has been a week ,since karna returned,and life was good without having to deal with the princes and court politics.

But, today adhiratha was not feeling well,but some important guests were coming today,so he cannot take holiday ,so karna told his father to take rest and he would go and do duty in his place, at the palace as Mahamahim's charioteer.
He still remembers all that his father taught him.

His father objected but he made it clear that he will not let his father work when he is sick ,what kind of son would that make me ,he asked adhiratha.
So , adhiratha had to agree to take rest today.

Shakti was packing lunch for karna ,radhs was tending to adhiratha.
when a women entered the house, she looked like a dasi of the palace.
"Kumari Shakti,Kumari Shakti,"she shouted from outside.

"Who is it? ," said Shakti coming out of the kitchen.karna followed her.

"Are you Kumari Shakti, putri of Mahamahim's charioteer adhiratha."asked the dasi.
"Yes I am ,"said Shakti, giving a look to karna ,as if asking what this is about, karna shrugged.

"This is a message for you from Rajkumari Dushala,read it and respond accordingly ,I am waiting." Said dasi.

"Ok, give me some time ,I will reply after reading and talking to my family."
Shakti said.

"Fine ,I will wait as Rajkumari asked me behave respectfully with you."replied dasi.
-

Shakti and karna went inside their parents room and Shakti read the letter ,finding and invitation to come to the palace for Shakti.
It was written in the letter that princess Dushala has invited Shakti to the palace as her special guest ,so that she could accompany the princess on today's occasion.
"What occasion ,do you know anything about any occasion, Arya? "radhama asked .

"I only know that some important guests are coming to the palace today,that is it....but how do you know princess Dushala putri that she has invited you to accompany her?"asked adhiratha.

"Well ,once she was returning from the temple and some goons tried to rob her ,so I helped her by making noise and gathered many people,she asked me who I was ,and told me that she would repay me for saving her life one day.I told her that it was not needed but she was adamant." Explained Shakti shyly.she was not telling full truth to her parents but they were already so worried about her dada's wild endeavours, if she told them that she fought off those goons ,they will becone more worried ,she does not want that she will tell the whole truth to her dada later,he will understand.

"Ok, putri but I don't want you going to the palace,your brother is already going ,it is not wise for people like us to mix with the royals,they will only use and discard us." Said radhama worried.

"Your mother is right putri,but this one time you can go."Adhiratha's said giving permission.

"No,Arya ...why are you giving her permission?" Asked radha.

"Priye,you are right but this time ,we have to make an exception because the princess invited Shakti as special guest ,if we say no to the invitation ,it will be considered insult of a royal and could end up in getting Shakti punished and karna would be there too,she will be fine ,let them go this once. "Adhirath explained.only if he knew that his one simple decision would be the reason of his family's problems in the future,he would have never allowed his children to go to the palace.
-

Shakti and karna were on the way to palace,when karna asked ,
So ,how many were they? Did you use your knife?

"What are you.....oh....you are asking about the goons from, which I saved princess Dushala ,right.
They were four and then she told all the details to karna.
Karna was proud that she stood up against injustice and crime but also wanted her to be careful in future and ask for help ,if she could.
-