Book for birthday

POV Hiyori

I was spending time playing with my cat when suddenly the sound of the doorbell rang throughout the apartment. Unfortunately, I had to stop having fun with my cute pussy and come to the door. However, Ice followed me and actively and loudly meowed, apparently wanting to continue our games.

I opened the door and saw a man on the threshold with a parcel in his hands, he handed it to me immediately and forced me to sign some paper. It was weird, but I'm not complaining. Still, this courier left pretty quickly, leaving me a package.

Fortunately, it soon became clear that the sender was my former classmate, Ryuuen-kun, who is currently vacationing in Hawaii with his girlfriend, Horikita-san. It looks like he decided to send me a souvenir as a belated gift for my birthday. Well, at least that's what it says here.

I immediately opened the parcel and, under the interested meowing of my cat, took out an interesting book. It was called the Kama Sutra. It's a strange title, I've never heard it before. Should I use the help of an Internet-sensei before reading this book?

While I was thinking about it, my girl quickly jumped into my arms, which caused me to drop the book on the floor. I was a little surprised, but then I tried to pick up this gift from Ryuuen-kun, but in the end Ice again prevented me. This time she immediately jumped off my hands to the floor and somehow dragged this book with her.

- Hey! It's my gift!

Ice ran to the open window, jumped on the windowsill and threw the book outside.

– NOOOO!!!

Ryuuen-kun will definitely get angry... Oh, I'm such a fool... I walked slowly back to the sofa and lay down on it, feeling more desperate. God, I'm such a stupid girl, I lost a book, I brought up my cat badly, I'm just a terrible person.

- Meow.

Ice stood in front of the sofa and started meowing, trying to call me to her, but I didn't want to do it. My cat behaved badly and should understand this, especially since I am very upset right now. What will Kiyotaka think of me? Would he get angry too? Will he say I'm a terrible wife? I really am...

After about ten minutes, I heard the front door open and my husband entered the apartment. Should I pretend to be asleep? No, he will definitely understand that I am not sleeping. Then maybe I should get down on my knees in front of him and apologize?

- Hiyori?

He came into the room and stopped as soon as he noticed that I was lying on the couch. I've heard that dinosaurs can't see prey if it doesn't move, but it was hard to believe. First of all, Kiyotaka came up to me, put his things on a small table next to the sofa, and then sat down on the sofa next to me.

–Is something wrong, Hiyori?"

Apparently, he noticed that my body trembled slightly every time I sobbed or my tears were too noticeable. In any case, Kiyotaka slowly and carefully hugged me, and then I burst into tears. I answered him with hugs and tears, after which I began to apologize quietly to him. He definitely didn't deserve a terrible wife like me.

- Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry...

"Hiyori, what happened?" Why are you always apologizing?

He really didn't understand what was going on, but it doesn't matter anymore, I had to appear before this court not only for his sake, but also for my own sake. I slowly looked up at his face and saw a hint of concern in those golden eyes. Soon he will look at me only with contempt and, perhaps, hatred, but that's okay. I deserve it.

- Kiyotaka, I... I lost the book... the book flew out the window and...

- By any chance you're not talking about this book?

He pointed with his eyes to the small table where he had put his things. One of these things was the very book that fell out of our window. There was a bit of dirt on it, but overall this book was intact, so you could say that we were all very lucky.

- Yes, it is... Did you find it?

- Yes, I thought she fell out of someone's window, so I wanted to go around the neighbors later, but now I see that this is not necessary.

"I'm sorry, I'm so clumsy. I'm a terrible wife.

I didn't want to shift the responsibility to my girl, because in the end she's not to blame for anything. I should have just kept a better eye on the book, that's all.

– What are you talking about?

I thought he would be disgusted with me and hate me, but his gaze seemed even more worried now than before.

"Hiyori, you are my beautiful wife. Well, this book fell out of the window, there's nothing terrible about it. You don't have to worry so much about it.

Kiyotaka started stroking my head slowly, and then I felt much better. Maybe I was really worried for nothing. Moreover, my beloved husband found this book and brought it back home, so everything is fine now.

How could I even think that he would hate me? Uh, something was wrong with my thoughts at that moment, but now everything is fine. I know Kiyotaka loves me, and I love him.

– Me~o~w.

We turned in the direction from which such a prolonged meow was heard and realized that Ice had decided to do something unkind. She was destroying our book right now with her sharp claws. All the pages were cut into small pieces as if in an instant.

***

POV Ayanokoji

As soon as Ice disappeared from our eyes, Hiyori was very upset again. Her eyes were already filling with tears, and she began to hug me even tighter. She's obviously going to cry now, so I have to prevent it.

- Don't worry, Hiyori, we can order this book online.

In fact, I had no idea what this book was about, so it would be interesting for me to read it too. But where did Hiyori get this book from? Something tells me that this is the gift that Ryuuen told me about.

As soon as I said that everything would be fine, the electricity went out immediately, leaving us without Internet. That's bad luck!

***

POV Ice

Meow. I had to de-energize the whole house to protect the innocence and purity of my owners. Meow.

Meow! The next time I meet Ryuuen, I'll gut him for daring to send such obscene books to my little Hiyori and my sweet Kiyotaka! Meow!

Meow? Should I manipulate Ishizaki into beating Ryuuen? Meow?